The $8,648 Burger King Bill

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Maverick, May 17, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

LOL, SO true... otherwise I would have just go on a spree at Holts (Canadian equivalent of Saks Fifth Avenue/Neiman Marcus and Harrod's, though I am not sure where Ogilvy fits in...)

I just check my bill in case I've sold my hypothetical soul or something... ALWAYS read before you sign...

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

now this is just damn hilarious..

3. Da-HaXx0r

Da-HaXx0r Well-Known Member

lol. But that's more of an asian thing to do. (ie: more common sense) Usually when I'm serving Westerners and doing their bills, they just assume I'm right. Hehe, but I can't complain. :D

4. hiake

That's why the white kids are often so broke and have no idea where their money has gone to.

The total on the credit card slip is like a reality check for me... "OMG that pair of jeans cost $400CDN???", then I'll abstain from shopping for a while :p

5. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

If you get the slip upfront, you will not buy at all -evil

6. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

lol, thats one heck of a statement stereotyping white kids. :D

7. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

haha
    should have checked before signing te slip

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

dont ppl look at how much they're payign b4 typing their number

9. Da-HaXx0r

Da-HaXx0r Well-Known Member

Haha, I second that. XD

If it was $400HK, however, I might consider it.... But I'd rather die than spend $400AU/CDN on a pair of jeans.... That's like 4 weeks worth of living expenses for me. lol.

10. hiake

Yeah... it was hypothetically speaking @_@bbb The most expensive pair of jeans I've EVER buy was like... $40CDN... Me a poor student lah >_<bbb I am like the official sale rack hunter =_=bbb

But if my example was "OMG that pair of jeans cost $40CDN???", some members would be like scratch head "$40CDN isn't THAT expensive, per se"

11. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

damn, feel sorry for that woman hu has to pay so mch for jst a $8 burger...

12. OhanaUnited

OhanaUnited Well-Known Member

Bleh... one time I was in chinese resturant in Canada, i paid the bill and they gave me change of $24 instead of $44... what a rip off, i told that girl "what? u want to eat my car?" (referring to chinese chess, car = castle in international chess)

13. don

don ello

yeah ...sucks to be her...

14. Correction... Meshicans.... -innocent

15. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

usually people have 500-1000 dollar limits on their debit cards, this is kinda strange...

16. Yeah_Ken

Yeah_Ken Well-Known Member

damn i thought i was going to read a story on some guy eating 1000 hamburgers lol

17. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Not strange, since you can adjust the limit to your personal needs.
    And if you are an AMEX card holder, there are no limits!!!

18. hiake

Hail to the AMEX... I just lock it up in my security box in case I decided to perform suicidal shopping spree by a moment of insanity... Not a good thing to have handy =_=b

19. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

"With great powers, comes great responsiblitity" :D
    Ya, using the AMEX card is very tempting.
    Sometimes you almost hear the card talking ... USE ME!!! USE ME!!! -devil-devil-devil

20. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

haha i buy ONE scantron one time for an exam with cc.. coz i was going to buy a book too, but i found a better deal when someone would sell me used, so i didn't get the book.. leftover was scantron lol