The "fake" laughing

Discussion in 'Super Trio Show 2008 - 獎門人取犀 Game' started by jcy_yan, May 17, 2008.

1. jcy_yan

jcy_yan Well-Known Member

The fake laughing in the show annoys the hell out of me, you know when the people are trying to make jokes there's like this fake laugh but when they pan over to the audience they are just sitting there watching...

I know it sometimes gets you to laugh but seriously... isn't it trying a bit too hard??

I just watched 2 episodes back to back, it was just annoying me

Anyone else notice this?

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Sometimes it's anoying, but I still like it

3. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

i think its ok not that annoying...

4. kapkaplui

kapkaplui Well-Known Member

Actually all tv show do these kinda stuffs. Same as fake applause. They need to add in the laughers cause they dont records real laughs. It's much easier to put in the laughs during edits.

After a while you'll get used to it.

5. 1azn5oul

1azn5oul New Member

its alrite

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

u can't argue with fake laughing, it can be quite funny. besides if u tell a joke and it fails, fake laughing can save u lol.

7. jimchen89

jimchen89 Member

haha i agree

8. unhipster19

unhipster19 Member

when they film the audience, they usually cut it from another part of the show. Its usually not a cause and effect. The people like to cut a certain part of the audience when they think its the funniest, and stick it into other parts of the show for the effect. Its hard to explain. When I was in HK, I went to one of the shows, it was a recorded show, so during certain parts, the emcee's required the audiences to clap and cheer, just so they can record it.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

when i'm not really in the mood, an i hear the laughing...i think why do it? ¬¬ but most of the time its ok...

10. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Most of the time its alright.. Sometimes its just too obvious and its not that funny though

11. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

I never noticed there was fake laughing lol. I should pay more attention next time.

12. Athena

Athena Well-Known Member

lol, it's a variety show.. anyway i'm not gonna comment on TS statement.. for me, they laugh is too make the show more interesting.. it doesn't really annoys me though..

PS: i like to see eric tsang laugh... makes me wanna laugh.. haha

13. mrjeffrey

mrjeffrey New Member

its ok, not that annoying but they do it a lot

14. itzfannie

itzfannie Well-Known Member

ive been to that show too! i remember they had like a light on top of everyone and it shows when to clap and raise your hands.
    about the fake laughing.. i dont think its that annoying though, it kinda makes the show funnier when you watch it.

15. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

they've been doing fake laughing ever since the beginning.

16. lindaabc123

lindaabc123 Active Member

Yeah I always wonder why TVB use the same laugh track all the time. I worked in a tv station in America for a little while and actually they all use "fake" laugh tracks but usually they use many different ones so that it sounds natural. The reason why you notice it's fake it's because TVB uses the exact same one all the time. And some people said they record the laughing and cheering separately its because in a big studio like the one they use for the show it's expensive to have all the lighting and sound equipment all over the studio and on at the same time so they move the equipment to the audience area only when they need to record the audience.
    -^_^