The Fearless Car Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by fearless_fx, Mar 24, 2007.

?

2007 Honda Civic Si or Used Infinite G35?

1. Honda Civic Si

82 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Infinite G35

147 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. ralliart

ralliart Well-Known Member

Yoo!! WTF! your getting anally raped by that guy, cause for sure a new repainted bumper does NOT cost $1400.00. I know alot of people in the auto mechanics and auto body shops, and for sure, it's no way $1400.00

Ask him to go to multiple shops to get different quotes, Don't just agree on one price, ask the guy to go around and get prices.

Did you take any pics??

........reinforcement bars? That bull crap! cracked bumper is understandable, but the reinforcement bars do not need replacing, dont know exactly whats it's called though. Do you know how far the nearest piece of metal is behind the bumper, its around half a foot, so there is no way you pushed the bumper in that far enough to hit the beam, let alone bend it or damage it so much that you actually need to replace it. The bumpers designed to absorb BUMPS! Seriously, get more quotes from that guy, i swear he's trying to jip you HARD!!

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

soz to tell you, if its a mazda 3.. your kinda doomed.. they have to replace it with new bumper, which the insurance company will estimate way higher... just bumping into a car.. cost at least 2,000+... and some people can pick their own auto shop.. which they might pick more expensive auto shop.. to rip you off like crazy... so its such a bad luck for you..

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

yeah i also think you are getting suckered man...

call up a couple autobody shops, tell them the situation and try to get a few quotes so you know what the ballpark is.

if you hit the dude at like 2 km/h i seriously doubt anything like absorbers and reinforcement bars need to be replaced. hell, call up the mazda dealership as well and ask to talk to their service department. dont just take this shit lying down. you might have caused the accident, but thats no reason to get your anus reamed

4. ^ but even if i do get some quotes, isnt it his right to choose where he wants to get it fixed?

we can ask a person to get 3 quotes or something, and choose the cheapest out of the three, but thats up to the person. this guy only wants to get it fixed at that place, so im out of luck..

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

dude just contact your insurance place and talk to a broker first, see what will happen to your premium and stuff, if it only goes up like 40 bucks for the year or something, its no big deal

6. runtohell121

the guy will pick his own auto shop.. unfortunately for you, he'll pick the most expensive one for sure.. just to grab your money.. and if its an asian.. for sure they'll get tons of money off the insurance:D what is more doomed is that if they need to go to the doctor or anything, your insurance rate will go way up if it gives u 2 points...

7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

dude.. are you even old enough to drive?

who are you to be lecturing him on insurance, you have a pokemon avatar for chr*st's sake -er

edit -

i just realized i have pokemon in my sig, i guess im being somewhat hypocritical lol

8. ^ my folks are the ones paying for insurance, and they said premiums for me would go up something like.. 100 dollars per month here in toronto..

so if my insurance is 2000 a year, itll go up to 3000 until im like... 50...

you know what.. thanks, but ill just pay the damn thing and get it over with.. i have a shit load of other work i have to finish by the end of the month..

i appreciate all the help

9. runtohell121

im not old enough ^.^ but i have tons of experience since my dad been into accidents and my dad's friend work in body shops... so thats why i know a lot.. k...

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol so its 330 in the morning and i just got home from a party like 30 minutes ago, fuken hilarious night.

my friend (who iv never drank with before) claimed he had awesome tolerance and was an extreme drinker. lol so he pops open a Ricard's red and after about halfway through he has turned completely pink in the face. as the night progresses he drinks more and more (baileys, bacardi, beer, rye) and starts to turn into a weird, incomprehensible chinese oompa loompa, fuken one of the funniest things iv ever seen.

eventually we tell him to stop cuz he drove his car there and if there was any chance of him possibly driving home he would need a few hours to sober up. lol unfortunately there was no reasoning with him and he ended up downing an additional 3 shots of 40% rye and promptly begins to wander around and eventually falls down and continues to claim that he will have no problem driving home.

lol at this point we decided it was probably best to really intervene cuz we didnt want him crashing his RSX-S and hurting himself on the way home. so after like an hour we managed to convince him that he couldnt drive and to let me drive him home in his car while another friend followed us to later drive me back to my house.

hahaha this was actually the highlight of my night cuz i have been wanting to drive an RSX type S forever and no one would let me.. (for w/e reason, i dunno cuz im a pretty good driver). So we got in and i blasted down the ring road to his house, watching his face go from red to green. I found that the RSX is actually a really tight car to drive, with a truly awesome gearbox and steering feel. The suspension was kind of hard but overall it was really enjoyable to zoom around in.

now im kinda thinking how weird it is that the most memorable thing of my night wasnt drinking with my buddies, playing cards and busting out the karaoke, but rather driving a drunk chinese oompa loompa home in an RSX-S. Maybe there is something wrong with me. lmao.

i guess i really am just a big car nut. oh wellz

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

sometimes it better to just cough up yourself for "minor accidents" then to get insurance involved.

In this case if the dudes asking for $1400 and your insurance is gonna go up by $1000, its not going to be worth getting insurance to pay out over the long run...

just suck it up and pay the man yourself, and consider it a lesson learned in life

12. lesson learned in life = start driving like a pos. lol

13. lol id probably feel the same way if that happened to me.

my uncle just got a bmw, dont know which model yet (72something?), but hes like, next time you come to montreal, come over, ill let you take it for a spin

guess he doesnt know about my situation ^_^

14. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol guess u shouldnt update him on your driving record then

15. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

was the rsx modded in any way???
    i never drove an rsx b4. i was just a passenger once

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

no it wasnt lol, the kid knows shit all about cars, i remember when he was looking into buying a new one, i had to guide him in the right direction

17. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

holy shit i love the 10th series of top gear... the production values are so high

their featured lambo revention

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. lol did the stig crash it this time? -lol

19. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

the instrument cluster kinda looks like a cockpit

20. dim8sum