The Fearless Car Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by fearless_fx, Mar 24, 2007.

?

2007 Honda Civic Si or Used Infinite G35?

1. Honda Civic Si

82 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Infinite G35

147 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

hmm iv been thinkin about doin a simple mod to my IS already... do you guys think it would be worth spending 300 dollars to upgrade my key from this (this basic IS key)

[​IMG]

to this (an LS credit card key)

[​IMG]

the only reason for doing this would be so that i would always have my key with me because i take my wallet everywhere.. and i wouldnt have as much stuff in my pockets. and also cuz its super baller lol. but worth 300 bucks?

2. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^hmmm looks pretty neat, but $300... dunno, depends how flash ya wana be and if ur willing to pay that much just to be flash

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

hahaha well, im a pretty flash type of guy

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/home/tactical_prov.jsp

AAAWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH 5500 dollars in my pocket baby!

thank god my car has taken forever to get here, now i should be able to get this 5500 dollar cash reduction off MSRP. hahaha im so happy

4. lol shitness.... that card key IS baller... tried it in france when we rented a laguna... but that was 3 years ago lol

was pretty sick... a button you can press to start your engine...

you fearless, since youre getting 5500 bucks, use it for the card key lol

5. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

I would go for the upgrade, just because probably no one else has it.

6. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

lol all lexus will probably have it.. hmm.... and those evo.. doesnt seem anything different from the US.. one of them is the old one and other one is the 2008 evo... that the US have also..

7. reno

reno Well-Known Member

thats all assuming u get it delivered by 2nd jan =P
    lol

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

yeah i read that small print too, it doesnt make sense that lexus would only do this promotion for like a month... i think after jan 2nd they will be putting up new MSRP for their entire lineup of vehicles.

they have to do something, apparently nearly 30 thousand canadians have imported cars every month since the dollar reached parity.

of course if this really is only until jan 2nd and then they raise the prices back up i will be quite pissed off lol, i might just buy an AWD model off the dealer lot >_<.

9. heartcollector

heartcollector Well-Known Member

The dollar's no longer at parity. But I hope it stays up though.

And I think those 30000 imports are mostly used. I thought most US dealers are forbidden to sell new to Canadians.

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

mmm so it looks like i will be able to get this 250 with the 5500 dollar price reduction + an additional 1000 off MSRP with the dealer so im now looking at about 39 thousand OTD for my little base model w/ leather, which is pretty good; as its a little less than what my friend paid for his CSX type S (unfortunately his car still has sat nav, and a limited slip differential... but meh aftermarket sat nav is 300 bucks and a limited slip isnt really necessary for daily driving). I also got a delivery date for my car... Jan 3rd, which means it will have to sit at the dealership for 3 days until i get back from china >_<. (i also actually have to buy the thing before its delivered to get the credit.. so il probably pay for it before i leave)

i need to talk to the dealer and see if they have any base model 350's on their lot though, if they do have a 2007 model the price comes to around 40 G with the 7 G cash credit, which is basically what i was going to pay for my 250 anyway. it might be doable... im not sure. 306 HP does sound alot better than 204, but the fact i already put my deposit on the 250 probably means im stuck with it (not a bad thing by any means, having a stick shift is almost worth nearly 100 HP to me anyway).

11. reno

reno Well-Known Member

well either way, even without that discount, its still like soooooo much cheaper than wat i can get ><

but i don't see y u shouldn't get that card!
    its only 300
    the cars like 30k-ish
    ie its only like 0.1% of the cars cost
    not like u'd notice it much lol

12. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

hahaha yep, il definitely look into it, should be a cool mod.

man i had such a great night, went to my work's christmas party and won a raffle for a 30 dollar santa clause christmas display and a 25 dollar clothing store gift certificate, and it was open bar and i pretty much drank my fill... and then i got a 200 dollar christmas bonus which was completely unexpected and blew me away.

i also did well on my stats final and confirmed that discount on my car.... today was pretty much the definition of a great day in my books.

13. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]

Businessman Kumar Soni is facing the prospect of writing off his £830,000 Bugatti supercar after a horrific accident saw it spin out of control, crash into a vehicle driven by a pregnant woman and smash into a hedgerow.

The French made model crashed on Sunday afternoon near the £3 million Surrey home of the car's 41-year-old owner.
    Yesterday insurance assessors were left examining what remained of the supercar - capable of reaching a top speed of 253 mph - and deciding whether the vehicle could be repaired or is destined for the breakers' yard.
    It is not known who was behind the wheel at the time of the crash.

But neighbours of the wealthy Soni family claiming the accident had caused a furious row between Kumar Soni and his younger brother 39-year-old Ajay, prompting speculation the owner of the rare car was not the driver.
    It is thought the vehicle was only delivered to the family home last week.
    Photographs taken immediately after Sunday's accident show Ajay Soni inspecting damage to the car along with a family friend.
    The car left the road on a 40mph stretch of the B375 road near Chertsey, Surrey shortly after 3pm on Sunday afternoon.

Locals told yesterday how the low slung car had been driving repeatedly through Shepperton before heading for the B road as a heavy rainstorm began.
    The sleek Bugatti Veyron - one of only a dozen such models in the UK - had been hand-built at the company's French base in Alsace and is as powerful as a Formula One car.

The eight litre 1,000 horsepower engine beneath the bonnet is capable of taking the vehicle from 0-60 in just 2.5 seconds.

[​IMG]

14. ^ NOOOOOO MY EYES BURNNNNNNN

holy shit. with a car like that id keep it in my garage for eternity.

15. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

only 1 week old... it was just a baby :(

i think bugatti is putting a program in place which teaches people who buy these cars how to drive them though... probably a good idea, as 1000 HP puts it out of the abilities of most business men.

16. runtohell121

lol that really suck... dam the IS-F ownz lol 8 speed auto trans.. wow the most speed ever so far? benz only has 7? lol

17. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

u said the magic words :p

[​IMG]

gah such a good engine, it will be so fast...

but to be honest, i think the interior is where its at...

[​IMG]

godlike

hehe this is cool too, the F-Sports short shifter for the IS250, i think it will retail at 300 bucks, definitely going to be the first mod on my car (along with a bunch of cheesy F-Sport stickers that will give my car an additional 50 HP)

[​IMG]

18. runtohell121

isn't the is-f automatic? lol why would you need a short shifted on auto? :S
    [​IMG]
    Don't you love whats under the engine thingy cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. runtohell121

you gotta love this nissan urge..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    shifter:D
    [​IMG]

New 2009 Nissan Murano..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. hmm... a simple look at the is-f engine just wants me to get a well paid job to buy a car..