The Fearless Car Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by fearless_fx, Mar 24, 2007.

?

2007 Honda Civic Si or Used Infinite G35?

1. Honda Civic Si

82 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Infinite G35

147 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. reno

reno Well-Known Member

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

about $70k+ USD.. so i dont know:D lol

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

probably like 170 thousand AUS dollars lol

and its automatic cuz it has an insane 8 gear transmission.

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

man i just realized how expensive cars are in the UK considering the exchange rate

a basic IS250 with zero options is 24 thousand pounds... which converts to over 50 thousand dollars american... that is soooooo much money for a basic IS250 lol

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]

I've recently had the misfortune of driving a new base-model Mitsubishi Lancer ES and was disappointed to discover that the materials and fit and finish inside have barely improved over the last generation model. The base Lancer is an inexpensive economy car, however, while the Lancer Evolution is its more mature and expensive big brother. How expensive? Well Mitsubishi has announced that it will be pricing the latest iteration of the Lancer Evolution from $34,000, which will get you the GSR model with a five-speed manual. The top-o-da-line Lancer Evo MR that comes equipped with Mitsu's new six-speed dual clutch cog swapper will base at... gulp... $39,000. Inside Line reminds us that the previous Lancer Evo IX started at $28,679, which is a long way away from the new model's base price. Hopefully all that extra cash goes into making the Evo's interior better than the base Lancer's. Keep in mind, this is preliminary pricing, and Mitsubishi says that it hopes to reduce the price of each model by around $1,000 before they go on sale.

Speaking of which, Mitsubishi also announced that the GSR model will be available to purchase next February, while the MR should arrive before the summer. Finally, the EVO has also received its official EPA ratings for fuel economy, which are 16/22 for the GSR and 17/22 for the MR.

34 thousand isnt too bad imo... not considering all the technology on this new evo. i suppose the canadian pricing will be about 47 thousand, but i dont think mitsubishi has the same stringent rules on canadians buying from their US dealers.

6. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

The GSR is my favorite. The car and you, nothing in between.

7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol except with this new GSR there are like 15 different traction/yaw/steering/differential control systems between you and the car

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

one of the first Skyline GT-R's in Tokyo... looking for a home.. oh how badly i want to give it a home...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8,300,093 yen = 75,242.32 CAD

a tad out of my range unfortunately >_<

9. reno

reno Well-Known Member

which is STILL CHEAPER than it is in aust! =(

u can do it
    just add a lil bit more on to ur loan =P

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol for the GTR?

id hate to have like 1000 dollar a month payments to pay off a 75 G loan, not worth it lol

11. reno

reno Well-Known Member

price of gtr = 75k
    the look on every1s face wen u rock up to uni in a brand new gtr = priceless!! =D
    lolz

12. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

here is some stuff i could afford though :p lol GTR apparel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the gloves and the keychain are tacky, but i could definitely find a use for the wallet and the briefcase

13. s!lver

s!lver Well-Known Member

got my emanage and pnp harness today. yay.

14. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

e-manage eh... for a honda?

15. reno

reno Well-Known Member

soon i get to go home and drive againnn woot =)
    just hope theres no near misses this time =P

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Mazdaspeed 6 Atenza Concept

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blargh that is a seriously good looking car. I'm loving the lines of the side profile, this car is probably going to awesome in person... fast too if they drop in a 2.0L turbo

i still feel like they must have used an IS for inspiration though, it looks so similar.

17. s!lver

s!lver Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a supercharger. Booked time for dyno tuning tuesday afternoon, but will probably show up earlier.

18. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

post some pics of ur whip