The Fearless Car Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by fearless_fx, Mar 24, 2007.

?

2007 Honda Civic Si or Used Infinite G35?

1. Honda Civic Si

82 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Infinite G35

147 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i hate all other cars except for the japanese imports. They r very unique. Wit their small engines, they can produce anywhere near the 1000s on torque/HP. wit their small engines, they could run like the srt-8 and their bigass piece of shit engines....not to mention the viper. both pieces of shits.

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

^ehrm... no... there's only really 2 engines that can do that straight out of the factory and people have actually done decently well... the 2jz and the rb26... no 4banger can do it, none of the newer VQ's have i noticed been done, rotories require a 3rd rotor to even get close... honda has no single engine that could possibly do it... to even get close top out at 800hp u'd need reinforcements to the engine...

Just to name a few, the Corvette is an amazing car period for any car making nation, the 5.0 SHO stangs could kill nething Japan could pump out in that generation, the SRT-4's are actually pretty interesting as long as u could keep the wheels to the ground, the new Sky/Solstice is a pretty decent drift car...

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

im not only talking about factory made. the 4g63.......AMS mod.....1000 + on wheels (not torque tho, maybe i was too exaggerating). Tested on a dyno. Go to youtube and ull see one or many.

i remember reading this on one of the old mags. silvia s14/15, wit maxidex mod, outputting 1000+ horse on the sr20.

dude, im telling u, soon even the maximas wit its V enigines could smoke any trailer trash, stock. U gotta believe it.

btw, i never recalling "all" the japanese imports can produce that much. All i said i was amaze wit their engines less than 3.0l and could produce tremendous power wit or witout mods.

name me a couple of american cars less than 2.6l or the same that can produce the same amt of horse, wit or witout mods. But again, regardless, anything can happen. But ultimately, american cars suks.

look at it this way also, in money wise. a '08 viper cost more than the GTR. But the gtr can smoke it on track and produce about the same HP and not to mention about the engine size. (i assume, because i heard that even a bugatti lost to the GTR in a tsubasa circuit track or wateva it's call). and also if they mount a 5.0l V engine on the gTR...who knos wat can it do to the american trailer trash?

PS. anyone can produce a big engine and produces monster HPs. But not everyone can make a engine less than 3.0l and can produces as much horses as a 5.0l. (regardless stock or not)

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol no... u don't get it bro... yes true, modded 4bangers can produce 1kHP... HOWEVER they require reinforced blocks and pistons... that said... again only the two engines i brought up can do it by running additional boost without reinforcement what so ever...

American muscle however, many of their engines can EASILY hit 1k HP without reinforcement... just more airflow, slap on some FI and ur set... simple bolt ons... u can't do that on an sr20... it would die b4 reaching 500hp

and who really gives a flying fck about the Viper? the Viper never is and never was the King of American Muscle... the Z06 Corvette will still kill the GTR on a roll... and on track it will come down to the drivers... and when the ZR1's roll out... the GTR doesn't stand a chance... ANYWHERE...

and ffs... think about this for a sec... how many of these 3.0L monsters can produce over 300HP WITHOUT boost? the only reason Japanese engines can get that high is cuz they force feed boost down the airpipes...

plz get ur shit straight... no specific nation makes better cars(performance wise)... its just different styles of performance...

and plz... a Bugatti isn't a racing machine... the Veyron is a stop light to stop light... 8sec car... its not meant to be tracked... one go on the drag strip and ur in for repairs...

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

yes... the SRT-4 can... but wtf is the point in doing that? ur car would die after 2 weeks... SINCE THERE'S NO FCKING REINFORCEMENT...

... omfg... a "mini" 3.5L that's BOOSTED UP THE YING YANG... the Z06 is PURE ENGINE... the GTR runs TWIN FCKING TURBOS...

6. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

yes, a "mini" 3.8l vs. a "big" 7.0l........ get it? a 3.8 bein compare with a 7.0?

but really? an srt-4? ...ok wateva u say

and the whole poit is show the world that cars doesnt need a big engine to get power. anyone can slap in a big engine and can produce 5000horses if they want.

7. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

and do u understand booost... vs non boost, pure engine?

and yes... an SRT-4 can make 1000hp with reinforcement... u just stuff down enuff boost to blow up mt fuji and u'll make 1000hp... but the car will die after about 500miles...

8. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

and that's the only fallback for the "japanese" imports.

american have shitloads of fallbacks..... but wat can i say, nobody wanted to make an engine bigger than the americans. nobody need a big engine to run more horses.... Only the americans....they drive the z06, zr1, c6 etc, etc because they r so "american". .......keep talking about how these pieces of crap run in pure big engines.... and survive longer than running on boost . But it is the reality of america speaks for itself. i dont even need to prove which is better, the imports or americans.

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol ur kidding right? what other fallbacks would u like to talk bout?

lets start with gas mileage... the Z06 gets 24mpg, the GTR gets 21mpg... zomgwtfbbq right?

how bout reliability? aside from Lexus(who's real good btw, no arguments from me) and Porsche... Lincoln, Buick and Caddys came in at 3, 4, and 5 on JD Power... yes... 3 American shit brands beat out both Toyota and Honda(yes i know Lexus is owned by Toyota)...

and BTW... I seem to remember you taking a liking to the Mazda 6... Mazda is owned by Ford... the 6 was pretty much designed by Americans... the CD3 platform is Ford's and the engine was partially designed by Ford... good call m8

*** wow... still fighting on the engine front... ok listen... its pure physics... the more air you get into the cylinders, the bigger the bang/power... since American cars are pure engine, naturally there's a maximum amount of air that can be pulled in by the pistons... therefore, more liters = more power...

on the flip side... since Japanese cars use boost for performance... they can artificially stuff more air down the cylinders problem with that is the compression ratio would be incredibly fcking high... in other words... that engine will pretty much die if u push it too hard too often...

that's also why i hate diesel engines... the compression ratios are so high they require super reinforced heavy mofo engines to run....

10. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

A truly American muscle fan.

Let's keep my comment short.

Jap cars can go straight AND around corners. Americans, well... just discovered them. Raw power is a no brainer imo. Having 100% of your massive power layed out to get achieve a 7:29(beating the ZR1 just as a sidenote;) ) around the Ring takes some engineering feat.

Don't take it personally though. different views.

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

generally in the quest for performance, i dont think bigger is better, sure you can make a big N/A engine that runs high power but its gonna be a big heavy lump at the end of the day

running a turbo, sure theres lag, but in terms of weight vs power, its a better gain, despite having to upgrade internal components to take the extra stress

so to me, id prefer a forced induction car over a big capacity to make up for the power

12. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

Aoes...i think you need to read this article about the Z06 http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6594 it got beat by the gtr

for a car that is heavy like the GTR its got lots of power and handels the twisties just as well

13. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that too, and I was careful to say that the battle between a Z06 and a GTR was down to the driver... honestly i'm not surprised by the times in there by R&T... the GTR is afterall a very good car... but like I said... just wait till the ZR1 drops down... Chevy will reclaim it... then the VSpec from Nissan, then another gen by Chevy... and it becomes a never ending battle...

dim, the new GTR is almost 2tons... that's 4000lbs... the Z06 is about 3,200lbs...

oi oi... i'm a fan of all autos... not an American Muscle only fan... check the post your rides thread u'll see my two babies:heherm:

as far as the grip/handling theory... yeah, old American muscle has this problem, and yes the Corvette isn't as nimble as an AWD GTR, but it clearly is no slouch... the new generation of Mustangs have grip issues as well, but can be offeset very easily with a suspension upgrade, and better tires(the stock tires are trash)... I've read somewhere that with the right suspension mod, the new mustang can grip like an M3...

for the record... the ZR1's been running preliminary ring times... nothing official... the only offical time is an old Z06 time that the current Z06 should be able to blast out of the water by a good 2-3 secs...

I'm not saying which is better because clearly there is no winner... different views will achieve bias opinions... I'm just tired of seeing American muscle fans rip Japanese imports on their "whiney toy cars" or the other way around about how American muscle is like driving a boat strapped to a rocket...

5/6yrs ago I wouldn't have been caught dead giving any respect to American made cars let alone defending them... because I was a stupid brat who knew nothing about cars except F&F(yeah i was a true dumbass)... but looking at the Corvette now... that car is pretty much the epitome of American muscle... and it can beat and run with the best of the world... why argue which is the best when they're clearly all great machines...

#1534 Aoes, May 9, 2008
    Last edited: May 9, 2008
  14. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^im not specifically talking about any one car, im talking about the general way both sides try to make big power

one is to make the engine bigger, the other generally is to try and slap on a turbo or something

for example yes the GTR may be heavier, but lets say they went the route of not using a turbo but went with a huge NA engine, im sure it would be a lot heavier than it is now

15. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

uhm... no... the GTR engine is 600lbs... the LS7 is 450lbs... sorry m8... the LS7 really is a modern marvel... it's actually quite a small engine even though it's a "big v8"-detect

16. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

The LS7 is an all aluminum block if I remember well. So its feather weight doesn't surprise me. But the leaf springs on a Corvette is out of place.

17. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

believe it or not... its actually a pretty clever set up... just cuz it sounds old doesn't mean the technology hasn't advanced...

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

yes it is so clever that it loses out to the GTR on suspense. GT-R best corvette. it's been proven on circuits.... and chevy is still trying to push it by building the engine to 312487L so it could beat the GTR. but word? the V-spec is coming out and it will best its own record and wat wil chevy do by then? of course, the same thing, building the engine bigger and bigger while keeping the same little chassis. the question is, how big will it go and can these corvette chassis handle it's huge thing on front witout losing out to a car not in power but traction? The competition keeps going on and on.. and in the end ( not that i wanted to see it end because i wanted to see how big the vette's engines gonna be before tiring it out and stop building big engines), chevy is losing out. but i got a couple of words to chevy, please look more upon the traction instead of building the big engine. Power is the shit, but hey, in reaility, it's not. lol. the world is round, but roads isnt all THAT straight. by the way, Ferarri, u gotta start making V100s because it wont take long for the corvette to reach the 50s. lol

19. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol ur still going on... ok... the Corvette loses out to the GTR in traction... well no shit sherlock, the GTR's awd... the GTR's awd system is so advanced it cripples just about every other car out there... I'm not a one sided idiot that can't see that... I know this... its fcking basic fundamentals that a awd car will have better traction... I dont' see what ur trying to prove by saying that...

and plz... look a few posts up... the vette's LS7 is LIGHTER than the VR in the GTR... it's actually more nimble than the GTR... in fact... the LS7 might actually be smaller if not about the same size physically as the VR since the LS7 is a small block engine...

and plz for the love of gawd... get this through ur thick skull... the z06 is a very polished very capable gripping machine... your biased misguidance just can't seem to allow you to realize that this car can actually turn on a dime...

furthermore... I know the GTR is beating out the Z06... i've said i've acknowledged this a few posts above... plz read... I also said that it comes down to the drivers... cuz frankly... both cars are very capable of racing each other on a fairly level playing field...

o and Gordon... the VR is also an aluminum block... just like to mention that :yes: