The Movie Review and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by [N], Sep 17, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

whoa this thread haven't been active for months haha.....nice revival man. might come back with reviews later too. anyways can't believe you watched gigli, heard that was one of the worst movies ever made. and ghost rider seriously sucked ass, bored me after like 10 minutes, but i would give it 2/5 cause the acting wasn't as horrible as some flicks and i didn't sleep hehe.

2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I watched Gigli mainly out of curiosity of how bad it was. Turns out it reached all my expectations. Lol

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^haha and i see some respectable a-list actors in the cast list too, mainly Al freakin Pacino and Christopher Walken.....damn...

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Lol.... Don't forget Affleck -lol. He was freaking horrible in that movie. More than usual lol.

Well at least he's found his true passion... Directing... Hope he comes out with a even better film than Gone Baby Gone.

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^but i don't respect affleck that much lol (still haven't seen hollywoodland so dunno, but he was ok opposite matt damon in that one movie with robin william and winnie driver or someone) and i still have to see that "gone baby gone" movie too looks good.

6. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Animation

Toy Story
    5/5

One of my favourite movies of all time. From my childhood to today, there has not been a time where I have not enjoyed watching this movie. It's just one of those things that puts a smile on your face no matter what predicament you find yourself in. The first magical film made by the minds of Pixar, and what a great accomplishment it was. Pixar pulls of this family friendly film with an undeniable style, memorable music, and great characters. The voice acting was great as well as the animation. An almost perfect animated film.

Spirited Away
    4.5/5

Miyazaki's anime masterpiece! First off.. The movie is just stunning! Beautiful animation with great attention to detail. This epic and magical film takes you on a ride of a life time as you are transported into this world to join a girl in her journey to rescue her parents and go back home. To aid in the story telling Miyazaki added exquisite animations. You get transported into this magical, awkward, but stunning world. The film has what other American animated films lack. That is imagination. You will never see anything as imaginative as this in any American film. One of the greatest animated films of all time.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    1.5/5

This movie took Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and decided not to improve on anything. It's as confusing as ever. It still doesn't have any real plot or story to it. The movie takes place somewhere after the game FF7. You follow Cloud as he finds himself? Or whatever the **** he's doing. Then you see some fight scenes and the other FF7 characters come and then he beats Sephiroth and that's about it. The movie isn't all bad though. The animation is great (although I did think it was sort of a downgrade from Spirits Within). None the less there is enough eye candy to go around. The movie really would have been great if they addressed the issues that Spirits Within had. Unfournatly they were aware Final Fantasy fanboys would watch it no matter what. A movie made for FF7 fanboys only.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^I thought advent children sucked too even though the animation was good and all, but basically if you haven't played the game, you won't get this movie, i missed FF7 and i didn't understand anything. The battle scenes were cool though.

8. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I played FF7 (even though it was a long time ago) and I still didn't know what the hell was going on.

As I said in my review. For FF7 fanboys only

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

TIME TO GET THIS SHIT BACK UP.

My Blueberry Nights

Okay this is a Wong Kar Wai movie with American Actors basically. The Movie is based mostly on love like most of his other movies. It stars Norah Jones in her acting debut. I gotta say i almost thought she was a complete failure in the first scenes she was in. Especially the phone call part because it seemed like she was acting the whole time, didn't feel natural. But throughout the movie she was okay i guess, even though her character was definitely over-shadowed by some of the other characters, even though she was the narrator. The other actors did their part quite well most of the time. The actor who plays the drunk officer was pretty interesting and his story was pretty emotional, and there was a tense scene with him pointing the gun at his wife played by Rachel Weiz, it was tensed because it felt that any moment he could've pulled it. The story was kind of typical i guess, but in this one, the story mostly focuses on one central character that goes through the other storylines, so i guess it might not be as confusing as the other Wong Kar Wai movies, but the time skips and such are still there. I still like it when it doesn't really put focus on a single character though, especially since that character wasn't soo interesting. Anyways like i said this is a Wong Kar Wai movie and you can tell with all the retro feeling and camera tricks. Still feels like kind of an art film and there is once again a scene with the jukebox, that's like his signature or what haha. One thing i couldn't stand in the direction of the film was the slowdowns. I thought only some of them were necessary and most of them don't create or add anything to the picture. I wonder if it's my computer lag or what, but there were tons of slowdowns here i thought, wasn't needed. The only scenes that were completely watchable was the natalie portman character story, cause there was like no slowdowns there. Anyways i thought the story of this film was pretty good and there's like kind of a typical message at the end but this one i guess was more obvious than wong kar wai's other movies. The Acting was okay but could've been better if it wasn't Norah Jones i guess. The music though, norah jones' stuff fits perfectly in this type of movie and atmosphere, and I've always like Wong Kar Wai's music selection with his films, they always feel "right." Overall I thought the movie was pretty good, but not as good compared to his HK films. It is messed up by some of the slow downs and some of the casting choices weren't quite up to par.

I give this a 3.2/5

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

you should just use a /10 scale... then you could have given it a 6.5 instead of a 3.2 lol 3.2 is such an ackward score :p

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol nah i keep it that way haha... cause shit wasn't on par with a 3.5 and wasn't a 3. just made up some random thing between.

12. aw damn... my forbidden kingdom review should have went here instead...

oh well.. i quote myself:

rating: 6.5/10

only epic part was Jackie Chan and Jet Li fight. and the Warloard fight too.