The OFFICIAL CHRISTIANITY / RELIGION Thread

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Espresso, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkperc you need to add a number in your hide tag

something like [ HIDE=3000]

[HIDE=5000]lol mg i see why your earlier posts were more leaning on the lulz side -lol[/HIDE]

but to get this topic back on track, i am however interested in Christianity.

I'm confused.. so in Christianity, Jesus is considered God, where as in Cattholicism, Jesus is the Son of God, meaning there are two entities? or did i get it all backwards?

one or the other, why is there one religion who considers Jesus and God to be the same entity, where as the other considers Jesus and God to be two different entities?

i r confused, i r Buddhist, i do not know lol

2. ^ its not my intention to involve myself with this thread in any serious way, as its you who asks ill answer your question. God, is who he is, Son of God is in reference to His position in the Godhead, Son of man is in reference to the prophecy Jesus fulfilled in the book of Daniel.

Concerning Jesus, Im pretty sure Catholics consider Jesus to be God and the Son of God which is the same as being God, letting this be known was one of the things that got Jesus crucified!!!

Maybe its the different terms that can be confusing.

Jesus in a nutshell:

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

3. ah i see. thanks G

4. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

yup, Jesus is God, Triune God; which is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirits.

hey, master_g your Christian right? I believe that Christians don't worship Mary right?

5. so i didnt have to type all the other stuff!!!11 :tear: -out2 :sleepytime:

Good guess (Y), no, under no circumstance, Roman Catholics tend to be involved in that kind of stuff, i dont know a whole lot about Roman Catholicism, maybe one will turn up who will answer.

thats me, peace.................. out

6. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

haha, i see well that answers my question.
    seems like we Catholics believe in everything.

7. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

I don't worship Mary. All praises goes to God for me...

yeh Roman Catholics tend to worship Mary as the Holy mother.. When I went to Venice this Easter- I went into an Art gallery (Accademia gallery) And..there were paintings from like...i can't remember- probably renaissance era/much older...
    and pretty much most of them had paintings of Mary holding a baby. Or Mary wearing a crown sitting next to Jesus with a crown on also... but yeh, i do notice her importance is very very high for Roman Catholics.

8. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

WTF just happened?

I don't get it? Why won't you let DAN talk? Even if we don't agree, he can at least post his thoughts. Why turn away from an open mind?

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I think you need to go to school or read !

CHRISTianity is a belief in 'JESUS CHRIST'. They are not the SAME. Although comprehension can tell you that GOD is above all. They are seperate entities, because according to the ROMAN CATHOLIC, Jesus died for our sins and was comprehended as someone who acted out on 'GOD's' behalf.

10. EXCUSE ME, MISTER KNOW IT ALL. you need to get your 5 year old head out of your ass.

i have post-secondary education, thank you. i was asking a legitimate question, as i want to learn more about Christianity. Is there something wrong with wanting to learn more? Also, it was for the purpose of not getting this thread closed, thanks to your dumb ass.

at this point i could care less if this thread gets locked, because your a fucking dumb ass

way to bash on people who seek for more knowledge. ass crack

oh and fuck you, im going to unhide the message that was meant for you (which i hid, hoping for this thread to actually become a legitimate thread).

i think you should learn some respect, boy

lol are you a fortune teller or something? who are you to tell me what i believe in? i barely read the first two lines you wrote and i'm getting sick of your verbal diarrhea

you can take that bullshit of yours and shove it up your ass. i'm not going to discuss my beliefs with someone as close-minded, as ignorant such as yourself.

if you wonder why there's wars and conflicts in the world, it's cause people like you, claiming to know it all, and telling others what they should or shot not believe in. you seem like you know what free-will is, and what religion is. are you God? you must be. you know just too much about this. i'm sorry, o great one.

I seem uncertain of my own beliefs? what ever you say, God.

and lol @ having to insult my avatar. you're a lowly faggot. do you see me insulting yours?

[​IMG]

edit: you sure show some symptoms of God Complexity. do you think you're the know-it-all, all-mighty, telling the rest of us that we're wrong, and you know more? dumb ass teenage moron

11. [HIDE=3000]this thread needs to be closed, its pointless, it kinda picked up till espresso showed up again. [/HIDE]

12. [HIDE=3000]that, or he gets banned from this section[/HIDE]

13. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

I was hoping it wouldn't lead to this. Some can carry on a civil discussion (no matter what the bloody topic is) and others just cant seem to do the same.
    Closed until further notice to let things calm.
    *No Thanks shall be handed out for this closure*

Knoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.