The rising price of rice

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by BigC, May 2, 2008.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol wtf man hahha......that came out of nowhere haha...u saying costco has mutated stuff or what lmao...

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

WTF?? 30? 50? for bag of rice..i ghotuh its liek 10

3. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

For fat people maybe good not to eat too much but for the poor ones very bad.
    Some people lready died by riots in Haiti. :-(

4. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol we're guessing , its gunna inflat to like at least 5 times the normal Price so $20 =$100 soon

5. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol luckily i knew this like a few weeks ago and we brought loads of rice...

6. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Haha...classical example of 'sik mai em ji mai gah' (not knowing the price of the rice you consume)

Yeah, there were reports that the Haitians resorted to making cookies out of dirt or sth like that.

OoOo...so you were one of those who contributed to the shortage and price hike, eh? Lol...jst kiddin

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

isn't like the American rice the same price cos i haven't seen that rise in price. but then again the american rice isn't that great. its quite grainy.

8. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol is the Crazy Rises only for Asian Brands, coz Apparently Asian is better than White Rice, such as More Hueng and taste better =P lol but soon everyone buys out the asian rice then will have to buy any rice they is,

9. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol nah my friend told me about a possible increase in rice prices like a month or so ago.. I checked on the internet at that time and there were some problems so i thought the prices would increase and it did... i'm kinda lucky xD

10. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

went to store 2 weeks ago; the prices had doubled when i was there. everything is up except my paycheck ;(

11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

i have no fckin clue man... we actually got a bag of that stuff... tasted normal... but then again... we didn't nuke it -fear

12. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

and you didnt warn your fellow PAers?!?! :tear:

13. Jayotacon

Jayotacon Well-Known Member

Here in boring germany too everthing is rising
    and the rice cost here now 35€

14. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

lol stupid inflation... and i the place where i buy rice they only allow you to buy 2 bags haha guess we cant stock up

15. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

all i know is that just yesterday i went to this shop to buy some rice
    the price for a 2kg jasmine rice is £4.89 before it was £2.89
    yehyeh it was a quite expensive brand, its properly sealed with nice aroma
    really shocked about the price
    so got myself a 5kg jasmine rice for 8.89, i think it was the one of the last old batch of stock

16. kat_zoe

kat_zoe Active Member

This price of jasmine rice changes every week importers are just not able to get the product. Things that are made from rice products are so scarce as well.

17. luvergal

luvergal Member

ya the increasing prices of rice really affecting us alot
    sumore nowsday the rice quantity in the market are rarely limited

18. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol the problem is that, Its Rising and that its sold out . i mean people are forced to buy it at stupid prices because there is getting less and less =P

19. Jellotime

Jellotime Member

almost everything went up except no rise in salary. My half gallon's of milk went up by 75 cents.

20. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol , im going poor , rice like doubled in price, so no more rice rice for me hehe , asians will prob move onto a new substitute for rice now