The Walking Dead Season 2

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by sonicbreeze, Sep 5, 2011.

1. person

person Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode was slow at some parts. I still love the special effects though. Amazing.

2. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

PUREEEEEE Frustration !!! ... but i think that is what makes the walking dead so gd .... its so realistic with human involvement etc

3. Any download links? T_T missed last nights episode D:

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

One of the things that I find really annoying about this series is that these zombies seem rather smart. That is, they're showing too much intelligence. For example, take the scene where...

...in the bathroom of the camper; the dropped gun part makes a noise and the departing zombie hears it, which then prompts him to turn and investigate the origin of the sound. This requires a tremendous amount of thought power and higher brain function, which zombies are "scientifically" not supposed to have. Again, while the drama is exciting, the portrayal of these creatures (which themselves make no physiologic sense) don't seem to follow any agreed upon lore.

#25 ralphrepo, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  5. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    It's also funny how they know how to croach lol. When that girl was trying to crawl back out under the car it was only a matter of seconds when the zombie realised and croached to try grab her. I don't think that's as smart as that zombie like described though. If that was true then sheesh that is some frankinstine (sp) zombie lol.

6. in ep4 the walker in the well was ugly lol-sick2
    he got laid :)

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    I haven't seen ep 4 yet >< I want to but I cannot. Sigh. *Hints* lol

8. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

@shin shin ... looking at it knocked me physically sick :/

9. person

person Well-Known Member

I've found this seasons walking dead to be rather disappointing. I'm actually skipping scenes now.

10. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Episode 4 is a let down because
    nothing scary popped up. You may consider the obese zombie in the well to be scary but I class that as fugly.
    The "interesting" point involved in this episode are:
    -Asian guy got laid
    -The mother is pregnant with the other guy's sperm (I think she will use that knife to cut the baby out??!?!?! I remember they done that in some chinese movie)

That's it really. Nothing special.

11. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

It seemed like the obvious route to go with Lori getting pregnant after she had doubts about letting Carl live. I have no clue if the father is Shane or Rick, because I haven't been keeping track of the days. Might be Shane just so they could cause more drama.

But something I've really been wondering is what Hershel is trying to hide from Rick and the others. They're doing no harm to them by staying and they also provide protection on the farm, but Hershel seems devoted to driving them off his land. Also when Rick suggested that they move somewhere close to the barn to give Hershel and his family more space, Hershel told them to stay close by the house as if he wanted to keep watch on everyone. The preview for the next episode shows Hershel telling Maggie to keep boundaries with the others too. There's no doubt in my mind he's hiding something that he shouldn't be hiding. Thoughts?

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

If you had read the comic book from which this was loosely based, you would already have a general idea. I don't remember who it was, but after this show started, someone here on PA was nice enough to post a link to the comic series. I then DL'd the whole thing and read through it in one sitting (my eyes were blurred for days, LOL...) Needless to say, some very interesting things will happen to the group (if the storyline stays true to the drawn series).

That was actually done recently...

...version of Conan, in the opening scenes. Conan is born from a warrior mother who laid dying on a field of battle; her husband, following the woman's bidding, performed a crude field Caesarean section with a poniard, so that the woman may look upon her son at least once before she died.

Not your usual movie opening scene, eh?

Another thing as a total aside, I was wondering how they don't get themselves infected considering that even the spit of a zombie can "turn" you; the amount of contact with zombie blood and body fluids that they have is absolutely incredible. They walk around blood soaked nearly every other episode. Comments?

#33 ralphrepo, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  13. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Daryl gets stabbed by an arrow, tossed down rocks, falls down again, passes out, kills two walkers while almost passed out, and then climbs a hill with all those injuries. What's waiting for him? Some dumb bitch who thinks she's so pro after one gun lesson. :facepalm:

I only found Andrea kind of annoying, but never outright hated her. But now I see no reason for her to be alive.

http://imgur.com/3lNpe.png

14. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Well-Known Member

Hahaha, yeah i cringe when i see that too. I assume that you would only get infected if any of it's fluids got ingested, on open wounds or eyes though.

15. person

person Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought the exact same thing. Way to just assume a walker and shoot blindly without making sure. Dumb ass. The ending was sort of interesting, but with the way the old guy has been acting, you knew something was up.

What I'm curious about is whether they'll find the girl alive or not. I'm sort of hoping they find her as a zombie. It's mean, but more realistic. No way the girl could survive days without running into a walker or finding shelter in time for night fall.

And since we're on the topic of zombie infection, Daryl tonight cut off the zombie ears and make a necklace. The part where he got shot, and the men lifted him up, the string was in his mouth. Pretty sure that's contact right there.
    Or when he bludgeoned the one zombie to death at the river... how could there not have been splatter on his face?

16. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

You're missing a key fact. Daryl is immortal. He cannot be killed.

17. hersal or whatever his name is that old farm guy looks like brian burke to me [​IMG] lol

18. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

19. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Daryl
    lol yeah he is one tough guy! Getting stabbed like that with an arrow and rolling down twice! I could have sworn the zombie was chewing his foot lol, what's the purpose of making the neckglace lol, eating that hare/rabbit was nasty