The Walking Dead Season 2

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by sonicbreeze, Sep 5, 2011.

1. person

person Well-Known Member

Haha. Don't get me wrong, I like Daryl. The show though just has so many loopholes.

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

To add what I said earlier

Just finished watching this ep. Daryl could have died! What a coincidence that the rifle bullet scraped his head! That woman is so stupid(?)! She was warned by many others to hold it (to stop her actions) and she decides to shoot. I knew she would do something do outrageous! Wasting a bullet on 1 zombie (well it was Daryl and he is a human). Looking at that grin after she had shot that bullet aggrevates me! I knew that was Daryl from the way he was walking (especially how he was holding his arrow thing). But woah he must had have a tough ride, he look proper banged up lol.

I got to love the ending of ep 5!

3. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, when she fired at Daryl even after she was warned not to, made me despise her so much. Especially when she looked through the binoculars, and the sun covered his face, you knew what was going to happen. The show is becoming rather predictable.

I find there is no use for any of the women on the show. Especially the one that lost her daughter. I'm going to sound incredibly insensitive, but seriously, all the women on the show, they're basically just cleaning and cooking. Not much else. I don't even care about Glen and the old man. The show is seriously becoming boring to me. I might as well just read the comics, rather than waste my time every week.

4. Wow now that was fuuuucked up...

5. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Ep4 is a 'waste' of a wait (of one week) because it wasn't interesting like highlighted in my previous post.
    Ep 5 was meh, it was only at the end of ep5 that was good.

I agree, they don't do much. Regarding about the lost girl and a question

Judging from the introduction of ep 5, the girl is found sitting on that car, the scene where there is traffic with loads of car blocking the roads and how you see aeroplanes (copters?) throwing nukes down in town. Shane also has his hair grown back haha. So I doubt she will turn to a zombie. HOWEVER, this is a GENUINE question. I cannot remember what episode it was but on ep 2 or something you see a recap where Shane and the mother of the kid goes and pick up the little boy...so are all these 'introduction' flashbacks?

6. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, the beginning of the episode was only a flashback. The abusive husband was still alive. I'm curious how the lost kid will play out. Almost want to read the comics. Only if the show is sticking close to it though.

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Oh
    Thanks for clearing things up, it all make sense now. I didn't realise that the abusive husband was there. Ohhh when Daryl got knocked out I was so confused when his brother came back and he still had two hands! I could have sworn he chopped it off and Daryl even used it to scare that guy (season1) lol. Do you think he was just hallucinating?

8. He was.

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

One of the problems with the television show is that it does not stick 100% with the original comic series, so there are bound to be some things that don't match completely. That said, given that we're currently at the point of comic #10 storyline, it would take roughly nine more television seasons (at what they qualify as a season) to catch up to where the print version is at present (#91).

Further, in view of the fact that the entire comic series story thus far, takes place in only a time span of about a year or so, the younger characters (who don't age at all in comic series), obviously aren't going to hold up well in the television series. In other words, the children of this TV series would be twenty somethings if the rate of comic to television translation holds to its present pattern. As is, even adult actors will show a tremendous amount of aging in that same time period.

Thus, I think they're going to necessarily change a lot in order to be able to keep the same actors. Thoughts? Comments?

10. kevin

kevin RAWR!

My thoughts is that it's possible for AMC to film all of the seasons to match the comic within a span of a year or two. This way it their appearance would not change significantly. However, the issue is that will they, the actors have enough time to film to fit their schedule. The answer would be no thus not feasible.

11. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Yes and no; if the AMC actors performed and worked on a TVB type schedule, then yes, they could literally film the entire comic series in matter of months. But, given the "rights" of American actors according to the Screen Actors Guild, it would probably take them ten times that, LOL...

12. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Man these eps are beginning to get boring now because it's dragging, there is no progression. I was looking forward to this episode 6 aswell. The only part that made me jumped was when the zombie grabbed her hands, I was expecting it but it still got me haha.

13. What happened at the end of episode 6?

I got up to the part where the wife confessed about the pregnancy and getting it on with shane, but it cut short there... What happened?

14. person

person Well-Known Member

That's it. No cliff hanger of sorts. Just ended with them staring off. Reallly boring ending. And boring episode also. I knew a zombie was going to pop out.
    The Shane and Andrea(?) getting it on wasn't much of a surprise either.
    Also, why the hell are they still searching for the girl? Hasn't it been months already? The boy has basically completely healed. That takes a number of weeks. The girl is dead. Move on.

15. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Not sure if it was me but ep6 kind of glitched/lagged (skipped seconds of scenes) around the first 10 minutes =S
    The end got cut for me too! Usually it would show the credits or preview for next ep but it didn't -sigh

I know right!

16. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I guess part of you suspected Sophia was in the barn. Although part of me thought she might still be alive due to cliche TV shows. But that last scene I thought was pretty well done. I like that Rick was the one to shoot her down possibly showing that he realizes what Shane has been talking about all long about surviving.

Also that whole part where Shane let the walkers out gave me mixed feelings. Part of me hated what he was doing, but the other part knew it had to be done and it was the right thing to do.

Overall, I think it's the best episode of the season so far.

17. person

person Well-Known Member

DEFINITELY the best episode of the season. We all knew it was going to happen. Like you said, too cliche if Sophia turned out to be alive. I also saw it as since Rick was the one who left her, and she became a walker, it should be him who puts her out of her misery.

I have to say though, the close up of Rick shooting Sophia, wouldn't there be a kick back of her head from the impact of the bullet? But she just fell straight to her side.

Next episode should be good also. They'll likely leave, cause there is no more reason to stay at the Farm. Not to mention the Doctor probably hates their guts. Unless he had an epiphany and realized that Shane and Rick have been right all along.

18. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I think so too. It would be bad man if they left sophia (walker) alive because they've killed all of the others walkers in the barn. Man I felt sorry for that man (hershal I think). He was powerless because he couldn't do anything about it. He was shocked! I thought Dale would get killed by Shayne because he pointed the gun at him, that would have been so epic if it did happen wouldn't it? Hope the next episode is promising.

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Too bad that was the mid season finale. Won't be seeing anymore Walking Dead until February.

20. Ok I admit, it actually didn't occur to me that she was in the barn.. It was obvious, considering this would have been weeks if not over a month since her disappearance.. Thought she would have turned into a zombie, but I can't believe it didn't occur to me she would be in the barn lmao.

However I absolutely loved the cinematic of this episode. From Hershel's pained expression, to Glenn waiting for Maggie to give the ok, to Rick's insistence for Hershel to grab the zombie, to his inability to stop his "best friend", to the lining up execution style... And as well as the performance of the actor portraying Shane.. I don't know his name, but his reactions and expressions to everyone (Rick, Dale) is unbelievably realistic.

The closing for this episode was a burst of emotions and feelings, and it has got to be one of the best directed episodes I have ever seen. Powerful themes, powerful acting, powerful emotions. Very well done.

Though Shane approached it in a wrong manner, if I were in his shoes, my intentions would probably have been the same.