This Guy Needs A Life.

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Akki, Apr 12, 2010.

1. not so, its what you make it, weather that be warfare, trading, industry, pharmaceuticals, exploration, planetary exploration, mining, plexing, piracy etc etc etc, its a sandbox.

the bad thing is it has a steep learning curve, a lot of people from wow come over and dont manage to outlast the 2 week trial, i did the trial about 4 times over the course of 18 months before i was able to get into it. WoW is like M$ paint and eve is like Excel. if you get blown up in eve you lose all the stuff you were carrying, in wow your armour gets a little warn out and you go fix it, there is no real consequence, a lot of wow people dont like the idea of having only once chance and if you lose you lose everything you had with you at the time.

but you dont like this stuff anyway.

2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Seems like EVE employs some familiar aspects of other common games I've played in the past along with WoW.

I'm all for fun and games, command and conquer, but I definitely am not gonna enjoy losing equipment I played to achieve in the game if some kid on the other side of the screen decides he wants to grief me. Just saying.

And that's why some games are more successful than others.

3. ^ aye, but eve is very successful with the griefing and scamming, its a legitimate path in eve, you can do whatever you want, personally i grief greifers and blow their ship up with ships that are not meant for PVP like industrials, which is very embarrassing for them. EVE is pretty hardcore. another benefit is its one universe, not servers each with a few thousand like WoW.

i played both games but i dont get a rush off wow, on eve your hands tremble and you heart beats so you can hear it, even now that happens with me, but thats expected when everything is on the line in a fight.

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

WoW's only successful because it's off their flagship RTS franchise and it's very user friendly too.

Meh! I'll stick to fighting games. More thrilling for me.

5. yep, i think ill end my sub soon, to busy for it.

6. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Definitely dedicated as a gamer.

7. guru_102973

guru_102973 Member

hella crazy.