This series deserves a lot of applause than Beyond the Realm

Discussion in 'Born Rich - 富貴門' started by Valkrezy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Well-Known Member

Muolie Wu and Toby Leung isn't in beyond ^^

2. Sponge_bob

Sponge_bob Well-Known Member

I get annoyed by charmaine sheh acting . She always stick with her " theme " , do good , speak good and dont know what else good . Just hate that . Pui !!

3. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

But they were in Drive of Life!!! thats what makes that series boring. Gems of Life can't be compare to this series, because Gems of Life is very boring.

4. faygo

faygo Active Member

i love the cast, esp gallen lo (i rmb all his old drama were good), but then the story wise it's going downhill for me

5. zhou

zhou Well-Known Member

mhmm i agree this serie is alot more interesting then relm of cons more modern compare to a anicnet serie

6. popfu

popfu Well-Known Member

I started to watch both "Born Rich" and "Beyond" at the same time. I stopped watching "Born Rich" at episode 12. Why? Lame script, lame plot, bad direction, and so-so acting.

Actors in "Born Rich" may have experience, but they did not deliver this time around. The plot is so boring, the script is childish, and the characters are so predictable. None of the characters or actors are interesting. The director should be fired. Someone else mentioned the WTF moment with Nancy Sit at the golf course. Seriously, WTF?!?

"Beyond" is much higher quality overall. The plot is moving along and every episode is full of suspense. Your personal bias against certain actors or actresses is your personal problem, since I think the young actors are doing a great job. Old and young actors alike are playing their roles perfectly. Gotta give props to the director for knowing how the bring out the potential of each actor and actress.

Mind you, before either show was aired, I was looking forward to BR because there were so many older actors. But it turned out to be a huge disappointment. OTOH, I generally avoid palace drama. But BTROC turned out to be much better than expected. I'm not surprised that BTROC is better received than BR.

7. Valkrezy

^Well I got bored watching BTROC, it is not suspense every episodes. Some episode is very boring and I think, they are going in a slow pace too. I want it to get to the point already, episode 10-15 got boring.

8. trankiet

trankiet Member

oh nice series, i love this series, it my best seires

9. popfu

popfu Well-Known Member

are we even watching the same show? lots of things have happened in the last five episodes. i elaborate in spoilers:
    the emperor was assassinated, moses became emperor, queen died, power struggle between moses and general ma, tavia almost became moses wife, selena first appears, power shift in 尚宮. we see how tavia starts to become ambitious, etc

anyway, the mood in BTROC is more intense and the dialog is more serious. we see the consequences of the characters' actions. in BR, gallen keep making mistakes and people keep forgiving him. that's just pathetic.

10. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

the rating are just out and Beyond owned Born Rich again, totally blowing it out. avg 35pts (peaked 38) and BR is avg 28pts (peaked 30 or so)

11. faygo

faygo Active Member

sigh.... i think im goin to stop watchin this, it was so good in the beginning, then it start goin down hill for me, its SO BORING, wat a waste of the cast, seriously wasted the whole cast.....

12. densha

densha Well-Known Member

which show airs earlier in HK? i know they are 8:30pm and 9:30pm showtimes

13. Quick Hunting

Quick Hunting Member

i have not watch Beyond the Realm of Consciousness but heard it is vry good. so far i finished episode 5 and it too is very good. i like the cast. storyline is good too.

14. Valkrezy

Talking about when he becomes King he gotta listen to the Eunuch sigh...

15. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I don't really like this series. It's so superficial and totally absurd. The prolonged 'con' of Gallen and the antics makes it difficult to watch. It's like watching a big lie go on and on until the truth turns into the climax and the story ends.

TVB has never been successful w/ long series, other than the Kindred Spirit.

16. atomciduelist

atomciduelist Member

lol I love this show, I dont even care about the truth or the lie. dunno what makes me like this show though, maybe coz i like gallen LoL but yeah, this show is more addictive then BTROC IMO.

17. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

I think the crazy golf scene she was trying to act like that crazy HK lady at the airport that missed her plane.

agreed that her character is a bit out there. but i think its supposed to be like that. but i also agree that its very annoying at times.