Thoughts on drama

Discussion in 'The Other Truth - 真相' started by turbobenx, Jun 27, 2011.

1. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I actually like it....well, for now. But dam, how long is it since TVB actually let them curses in dramas? I dont mind it, i actrually like it. It gives a bit of movie feeling towards it....very dramatic....lol

2. nightang3l

nightang3l Well-Known Member

i like this better then ghetto justice. but i was thinking that ghetto justice was good in the beginning and then it went down. have to see a little further in to really tell. it's just really disappointing that sometimes when the series could be interesting in the beginning and then stops being interesting

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Pok guy. Lol

Really surprised i heard that. Bet you there will be complaints for "bad influence on children". =.=

Only thing you can compare with Ghetto Justice is a lawyer series. This drama is more serious.. where as Ghetto Justice is more.. ghetto. lol

4. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i think this is better than ghetto

but ill give it some time then ill judge

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Episode 1 flew by really quick for me. I looked at the time on real player & i realised its 30 minutes done. It was that good.

I like lawyer series now.. iunno why. Maybe cause of Law Ba? :)

6. too much talking in first ep zzz lol but rucco-inlove

#6 shinobi, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  7. Che Che

Che Che Member

i really liked it so far. the first episode like chinen said flew by, it felt shorter but I guess i was that entertained

8. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

So far so good, just seen a different lead, Ruco Chan... This is his opportunity to shine. This looks like a more serious drama than ghetto justice.

9. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

first episode is kinda in a boring pace for me, but i'll see watch it :D Ruco & Raymond <3 <3 <3!!!

10. hiyoo

hiyoo Well-Known Member

theme looks more serious than ghetto justice but ghetto was good in the beginning then went down hill for me, we'll see.

and yeah i was shocked when they swore i thought i heard it wrong but then again, it's not 放學 ICU... this is aired at night not after school, parental discretion is advised, just don't let your kids watch it or educate them... if you think about it really anything is bad influence on children. bad parenting = shifting the blame to others and complain. to me it's like hi i don't know how to raise my kids so i'll blame everyone else.

11. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

So far this is better than Ghetto, could be a good one, not often tvb series start off this decent, hope it can keep this pace.

12. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I like Ghetto more than this. This series is slow and a bit boring.

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I love swearing in series.

Its not like kids won't learn if they wont hear it. They'll learn it through the streets & school. It's inevitable.

Ruco! Don't think he's ever played a good guy role. I like it so far! :)

14. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^lol, same thing. I LOVE the swearing in dramas. The last time i heard pok guy was in golden faith....it was said by raymond lam...lol. And chinen, i bet you'll like the next episode (ep- 04). Need me to say y?

I really didnt think GHETTO was THAT good. But the main difference between the two dramas is the acting of the main characters. Ruco chan, imo, is wayy better than Kevin in acting. It definitely gives of a fresh feeling when tvb give other people a chance to take the lead. I hope TVB can continue doing this.

15. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Yes Yes, Cilli will be on...

It's the first time seeing Ruco playing a main character and he's doing well so far. It's some thing fresh...

16. calibR

calibR Member

this is a very promising drama. i quite like it. but of course. so far there have only been 3 episodes. the choice of actors and the course of the drama are yet to be determined. will eagerly await more eps.

17. kevin

kevin RAWR!

reminds me of ghetto justice...Ima give up after todays ep but I will see.

18. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

After the first 5 eps, it's already better than Ghetto Justice because Myolie isn't in it. Period.

I appreciate how the two male leads aren't Bosco, Moses, Wayne Lai or Raymond Lam. It's refreshing to see Ruco play the good guy for the first time and I always enjoy watching Raymond Wong.

The cases are a bit over the top, trying too hard to be edgy/dramatic. I doubt they will be as good as the ones back in the days in Files of Justice I-V but they do have a bit of that 'flavour' and brings back the memories which is good.

The only problem I have is Tavia. She's everywhere. It's that haircut that she sports in every drama recently. I keep thinking of her characters in Rippling Blossom and Yes Sir Sorry Sir. Give that girl a (nice) wig or something!!!

19. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^dam, i thought i was the only one that thinks that way.....but i'm glad i'm not.

20. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ that way being about travia..??..if so ditto x3...!!..phahaaha....

esp. when there the last 2 shows we've seen her in...its so obvious shes filmed them
    straight after one another...