Thoughts on this variety show

Discussion in 'Apprentice Chef II - 大廚出馬 II' started by kevin, May 30, 2011.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

What do you think of this variety show? I think it's rather interesting and it's good to learn some cookery skills -rolleyes

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Steven Ma actually gets his hands dirty and it's fun, I the format of part 2 so far.

3. onni

onni Well-Known Member

oh i love this show. it's fun and i enjoyed the last two episodes very much. Episode 2 is kind of bit different from ep. 1. wonder how are the rest of the episodes.

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

yay ep 3 still had the contestants

5. mulder99

mulder99 Member

apprentice chef 2

great series ... the cook offs between the professional chefs is great

6. EvilTofu

looks like it's going to be 3 chefs cooking a dish to see who does it better within 3 minutes, than Steven Ma will cook something with a guess and finally a battle with the top 2 chefs in the first round and battle it out in a 15 minute round. And the winning chef will go on to battle other winning chefs in later episodes. That's what how I see it for now.

7. ///M

///M Well-Known Member

I kidda wish it would be a similar format like the Iron Chef Japan format, So that each of the chefs can present their wonderful skills to the audience, and not rush through each of the dish, just imo!

The 3min time constraint to prepare a dish is TOO short and I feel the chefs didnt have enough time to put out their BEST of what they have in mind or to present the skill or dish to the audience here!

8. EvilTofu

the 3 min contest has pros and cons, mainly it'll test the chefs but overall, can't really expect much from 3mins.