Tvb fans

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by kitman2007, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bbes

bbes Incredible

look at the dedication there, how on earth do u get so much time to watch everything. i def don't have the time. do u even watch all the variety shows too? or just the series?

2. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

So who here got all these extra channel - pay vision.
    In HK they also have kek jap (drama) and yum lok (music) channel!! Not sure if they have those channel elsewhere, but in UK no...I also want the kek jap toi. hahahas.
    I only have the extra 4 channel which are: lifestle, old classic drama, news and entertainment.

I'm really liking the old classic drama, last month they showed tony leung series and now this month they are showin all off chow hoi mei (kathy chow) series, not sure if anyone remembers her?? But she was a miss hk and her last tvb drama she was in was prob: secret of the heart? ... and now she is returning back to do "academy 3" hehehes.

So who has these channels and what you guys think off it?

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Not sure...but i think my parents does. They got these channels that shows drama from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.

Yes, i remember kathy chow. She was from this ghost series that i watch. i luv the series starting from the 80s to the mid-90s. But i hate most of the series from the 2000s and up which is probably y i started watching japanese/Korean dramas and quit watching tvbs.

4. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Im more the 90s maybe 2001-2003 era of TVB. Apart from the odd one or 2 series i catch every yr these days, i rarely watch TVB series anymore cos the acting and story are not as good anymore - and the ones I do catch usually has the older/more professional actors as the lead role! Even the 'big' productions they make now are very boring and difficult to stay interested. I'd rather re-watch the older series!

5. jpeung

jpeung Active Member

yep the old ones were good but now i like modern series

6. SUSIE-DANG-1988

ROFL. Let's bump up this thread for all you TVB fans out there (or is it just me...)!!! -whistle so we can talk about tvb series not only that are shwoing but previous series too.

discuss discuss!! -bigclap

Let's talk about anything and everything about TVB (Hong Kong) Series!!

- Who here watches it?
    - All time favourite series?
    - Favourite actor / actress?
    - Like the new or old series better / why?
    - Currently watching?
    - TVB theme/sub songs
    - I know some people stopped watching TVB series cos of the new faces and that... and moved onto taiwan/korean drama's? So what are your thought and opoinion on this?

etc etc ....

Well for me, since I have the chinese channel at home. I always watch it and that's like the only channel I watch I guess... lol. I have watched TVB series ever since I was small.
    All time favourite.. hmm// there are lots, but: cold blood warm heart, all the DIF series, return of the cuckoo, heart of greed, triumph in the skies, Revolving Doors of Vengeance etc etc... i actaully prefer the old series better as it has those good actors that they don't show anymore.... like: chilam, felix wong, gallen lo, david tao, flora chan etc...

I also have the extra channels aswel, classic / lifestyle / entertainment / news channel. So I somtimes watch the other channels too.

I am currently watching quite a few: E.U, Greatness Of A Hero, the 'w' files, drifters, criminal investigator 2, wong fei hung returns, kindred spirit, eternal happiness..
    so yeah.. quite a few, :xd:hahahas.

7. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

TVB old rama series is wonderful; I don't know why know the drama is getting worse..... feel sad about it because I am supporting tvb drama

8. SUSIE-DANG-1988

lol, everyone seems to like the old generation. hahahas.
    This is because the old actors are retired or moved to atv...

But then again, the new series aren't too badd either.

9. yapts01

yapts01 Member

wonder what life would be if there is no tvb

10. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Watching TVB is how I learned my Chinese!

11. DarkDD

DarkDD Member

The same here :)

12. chinawoman

chinawoman Member

I love to watch TVB shows and movies.

13. SUSIE-DANG-1988

older series are on the paid channel - old classic channel - not much good series showing at the mo.
    following fu gwai moon - good to see the older generation came back to do this series!

14. gianglin

gianglin Member

I still like Tony Leung series after so many years. He seems to have a personality that no other actor can replace.

15. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

i just finish beauty of the game. very good.

16. SUSIE-DANG-1988

watching that id one with roger and also a great way to care!
    all good!

17. chrisnfc07

chrisnfc07 Well-Known Member

i so agree with you, also TVB celebration shows are even amazing

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i just hope that TVB can make a show wit complete fresh couples instead of the same old couples.

19. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ any examples...? who'd ya wanna see together then..?

20. chrisnfc07

chrisnfc07 Well-Known Member

but with new couple then many people wont know who they are.
    i like the old cople because they are quite experience tooo.