Vietnam and Chinese

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by VietBoi, Feb 16, 2006.

1. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

no, i dont think so...i always treat them different......i dont believe they are chinese

2. theyre both different countries, but for a time, vietnam kept defending themselves from chinese invasion. the same happened with the french and portugese rule..

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

and so it will happen again, under my rule.

4. mmhmm. and i shall revolt, and then vietnam shall be saved from all rule, and i shall convert vietnam away from communism, and make it the richest country in the world.

5. xng

xng Member

Vietnam was part of china from the han dynasty till the end of tang dynasty. It was also part of the ming dynasty for 20 years.

Furthermore, trieu da was Qin shi huang general who formed a chinese dynasty.

6. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

China and Vietnam are similar in culture etc, but they was never one country kinda thing.. im half of each lol so yh .. th culture thing in my house is pretty easy to deal with haha

7. SkyHigh123

SkyHigh123 Well-Known Member

doesnt matter theres only one race n that the human race

8. quangdaika

quangdaika New Member

Wow thank you very much for this information. I guess all the talk about the Chinese triads are propaganda are wrong and they are actually Vietnamese right? Oh man, now I know the truth.

9. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

This is the "feel" that I've got... never said it was fact either. But I have heard people talking..

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yup, same here i usually mix vietnamese with chinese culture sometimes cause i'm half and half too, i usually call some foods in vietnamese and some and chinese lol, sometimes i don't know one thing in chinese and i call it by using vietnamese and vice versa. To the OP, i kinda interpret that viet is like a subculture of chinese though cause they believe in a variation of the the things chinese believe in.

11. stilish

stilish Well-Known Member

i don't think it matters too much if viets and chinese were once united, different people, or whatever...it just matters that we don't dwell on the past and live for the future...there's a reason why it's called the past and why it didn't make it to the future...

12. vnflame

vnflame Member

vietnam is vietnam ... china is china

13. Kachi_no_Kemuri

Kachi_no_Kemuri Well-Known Member

+1

14. someasianguy

someasianguy Member

the vietnamese were once in possession of china, well, the northern part. the south has never been conquered by china. many chinese from canton did migrate to vietnam ages ago. and a lot of the vietnamese culture has been based from china, as did japanese, korean and other countries around and conquered by the ancient chinese empires. i think a ton of southern chinese have emigrated to south vietnam after the first Sino-japanese War to escape the imperial army.

15. xng

xng Member

Most overseas vietnamese are actually ethnic chinese?

16. daisy

daisy Well-Known Member

My parents are from China but they moved to Vietnam for business and we lived there for over 10 years and we do speak the Vietnamese language so a lots of people think we are Vietnamese not Chinese. And lots of people think Vietnamese are BAD. What I know from my experience is that every ethnic groups have a bad apple therefore I can't finger point to any particular group of ethnic which is unfair. What do you guy think?

17. xng

xng Member

In every race, there are bad and good people. Chinese used to be associated with gangsterism in the past too. But when they get richer, the bad image is gone.

18. BBon

BBon New Member

I have to agree with you. My grandparent also moved to Vietnam from China for a long time ago. My parent and I now have seen ourselves as Vietnamese as we cant understand or speak any Mandarin or Cantonese at all. Being an Vietnamese or Chinese is ok with me, i dont care much about that case. I'm just a bit regret that I cant understand and speak mandarin. how sad! >.<

19. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

dont think so man

20. xng

xng Member

I suggest you go read up on the history of china from the Han to the Tang dynasty and see whether vietnam was part of china.