花家姐 VS 阿旺

Discussion in 'My Sister of Eternal Flower - 花花世界花家姐' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 16, 2011.

?

Which one acts better as a "mind of a 10 years old"

1. 花家姐

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 阿旺

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  3. Both

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. van22

van22 Well-Known Member

copycat, where is her own identity in her own character. She is weak!

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

She's just following the script and given that role.

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Well that's debatable

4. buti4

buti4 Member

wrong choice on Charmaine's behalf for picking this series to film!!! Character poorly portrayed. She should have researched better, there are different extremes of 'mental retardation'. Oh... and copycat version of Ah Wong.... except its worse and exaggerated. Annoying....... high..... pitched voice and S.... L.....O......W............

5. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I don't think its fair that everyone keeps comparing the two like that. Obviously, everyone remembers ah wong because Roger was that great at portraying his character.. but then that doesn't give Charmaine a chance at all. People who act in something new always watch others who have done it before to learn. Yeah, her acting is really similar to Roger's for Ah Wong but can you blame her? Even if she acted a different way people are still gonna compare them because of the similarity of their characters. I'm not even a Charmaine fan but I'm defending her because I don't think its fair that she's being criticized for acting similar to Roger's role -_-

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Hong Bong in G.U.F. did a good job. I thought he was annoying at first.. but near the end, i liked his character.
    &
    Yue Jai in Rippling too.. but the actions he did was kind of repetitive. But the way he talked and acted.. was good!

7. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Yeah, that's right.. so Power played twice as yeuk ji character. haha
    But yeah, yan yan character was soo cute and soo natural.
    But since she's all grown up - I don't think she can play that role again. lol.
    But yeah.. hang yee character as yan yan has got everyone to recognise her and ever since she won the Most Improved Artist Award she's been promoted quite a few drama's.

Completely agree with you KT. Yeah, it's nothing wrong with looking at previous character who has played as a 'mentally challenged' role.. how else is ah sheh going to know how to act??!... Like I sad above.. it's a BIG challenge for acting this role!

8. Dragon*D

Dragon*D Well-Known Member

They ran out of ideas and thought they'd re-use some characters trying to make it fresh.... still fun to watch. hope they can pull of a few laughs. Going into the bank masked to withdraw money with your card is definitely a laugh, anybody has the guts to do that for real LOL.

9. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly the scriptwriters' fault for writing Charmaine's character too similar to Ah Wong. It must be the exaggerated movements and slow talking (and that's both the director and actor's fault) that make Charmaine's acting unconvincing as I didn't mind Pierre Ngo's acting in Rippling Blossom.

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Power Chan wasn't soo bad XD

Ah Wong is an unbeatable classic!

11. vivian88

vivian88 Member

No doubt too much similarity in Charmine / Ah Wong character, its still a TVB show which i think quite entertaining. Its just more like i am looking forward for the twist on how Raymond would fall for Charmine when he hated her so much.

12. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

i cried twice ... when she was talking to the dolls and when she was breaking up fight and theres only been 3 eps LOL ... that proper says something that ... even though i do remember crying at ah wong .... imo ah sheh is more ... umph if you get me

13. aznboi12_4

aznboi12_4 Active Member

lets all try to be dai b and see how we look like =D

14. kevin

kevin RAWR!

You are emotionally weak.

You first =)

15. ultim8camper

^ oh excuse me for not manning up because i can sympathise for a fictional character .. soz bro soz

16. watch less glee lol

17. ultim8camper

^ stop getting ultra horny from lam fung?

18. louis87

louis87 Well-Known Member

my vote = 阿旺 (roger) ....
    he have his own personality and act really well ....
    thumbs up .. !!

19. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

I don't want to compare them because they're kind of set in different eras. And you know what they say about characters in a TV series, that the environment changes around them. Roger Kwok had some good support cast to make Ah Wong a pretty lovable character and there were some key defining moments in the series that made him, like the bedroom mating scene, wintermelon cakes, etc etc. The rest of the cast in this series isn't as strong in supporting her character as much, especially Raymond Lam.

Will see how it is as the series goes along.

20. o0olalas

o0olalas Well-Known Member

they both are good but in my opinion i like Ah Wong better ;D he's more funyn and the acting for both are similar!