Was Steven's father worth dieing???

Discussion in 'The Brink Of Law - 突圍行動' started by Blobbyy.Asn, Jan 15, 2007.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

yeah, i was suprised he was dead sooo soooon!! and it wasnt worht dieing!
    same goes with kenneth ma too

2. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

Now that I have to disagree with.
    Kenneth Ma's death was well-worth it and I was definitely more satisfied when he died. The guy can't act!

3. Calvinlee

Calvinlee Member

up til episode 15...i give it a rating of 7 1st...

4. eyeter

eyeter Member

7/10 great story line but too many short lasting characters

5. Dokk

Dokk Active Member

I agree with rsx that Kenneth's character died well worth it, because it was unexpected and but he died doing a good deed of reuniting Steven and Bernice... so it was a well-timed death, but I don't agree too much with the 'can't act...' I think he's cool. As for Steven's father, I think he shouldn't have died. He should of thought what would happen to his family after he dies... What if the loan sharks continue to chase after his family?

6. AznFate

AznFate Well-Known Member

Although this might sound kind of mean, I think he was kinda selfish to just leave his family and die. He should have thought about how it would affect his family and all, and like Dokk said, there could be a possibility that the loan sharks still come back for his family.

His character was so short lived...

7. Spencerrr

Spencerrr New Member

So far up to episode 17 and I think that there is too much changing going on. It was surprising for me to see that Ron's is actually that bad. Too much changing makes me feel pissed sometimes haha.

8. ktvb

ktvb Member

I didn't find it surprising that Steven's father would have died because it was all over the trailers? XD

9. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

I feel the same way...
    I think i lost some interest for the series...

10. venusluv

venusluv Member

It was so sad that he had to die. Yea he was really stupid for being a gambler and stuff but i think he really did wanted to change. But i guess his dying motivated steven ma to be a better lawyer.

11. JYJLrock

JYJLrock Well-Known Member

i rate this series 9 out of 10, i really enjoyed it!

12. melroseddl1

melroseddl1 Well-Known Member

i rate this series a 10 because of the fact they killed off a character so early, not like other film when the only way a character die is at the end or the middle, never the beginning.

13. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

just finish watchin it today
    dont think he should kill himself, i mean he wasnt pushed that bad

14. aznfire2005

aznfire2005 New Member

Steven Dad shouldnt. He can change his life even thos how wrong he did. The whole family love him it just telling him stop spenting money on like gambel and get money from the bad guy. The show i think it 7/10 rate.

15. lynxd

lynxd Well-Known Member

he didn't play a role where his existance was important or not, but more of telling the viewers that gambling is bad and it can't lead you to a dead end where you'd feel death is the only solution. but for the series, he wasn't worth dying.. but for the message trying to be conveyed.

16. andrew88

andrew88 Member

My friends told me that i have to see this drama,it is really good one,i will give a 8,5 score!

17. SkyHigh123

SkyHigh123 Well-Known Member

it keeps it more real when someone dies rather than have them sit around. it would also change the plot of the whole series.

18. xpkx

xpkx Member

hey... for once, this is a good show. I would say around 8.5....since for once, this is not a complete happy ending.....it is just sad that every series have a happy ending..

19. xpkx

xpkx Member

well....i still dont' get the point why steven's father died....is it necessary??

20. tvbcheese

tvbcheese Sushi VIP!

i really liked this series, i would give it a 9.5 out of a 10.
    his father (ha yu)...i didn't think it was worth dying, but it was what motivated steven to help the cops in stopping the darkness of michelle and aok wah.