What Chinese dialect do you speak?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Yong-Shi, Jul 10, 2007.

1. mmmwjong

mmmwjong Member

I speak Cantonese, which is why I find it really annoying that most movies comes out in manderin first, understandably so that the manderin market is much bigger, still...

2. Kduong722

Kduong722 Active Member

Cantonese

3. hana

hana Member

my first language was Cantonese but i wasn't born in Hong Kong or china. i was born in Vietnam and so were my parents and my grandma. my ancestor were from Guangdong, xing wu. so since i was born in Vietnam i have to learn Vietnamese for school. later on, i immigrate to US with my parents and and force to learn English. and as a school req. i have to learn another language which was Spanish and now in college, im learning mando and american sign language. so total of 6 languages and only 3 are Asian languages.

4. workingtiger

workingtiger Member

cantonese rocks ;)

5. workingtiger

workingtiger Member

6. nightprincess41

nightprincess41 Active Member

I speak cantonese but I was born in the US.

7. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

I speak Canto and Mandarin, understand like 40% of Beijingnese, Spanish is my native language and I speak a little Japanese

8. Piggywings

Piggywings Member

Cantonese, I love that language very much even though im only speaking it with my parents and my BBF.

9. tennisdork

tennisdork Member

Speak Cantonese, maybe weird here but find it such a beautiful language. born and raised in Europe to Chinese parents. Don´t speak it fluently but working hard to do in a a few years. but kind of hard when i don´t have anyone to practice on besides my parents.

10. bd_1126

bd_1126 Member

i speak canto and mandarin, i can listen to hangzhou and shanghainese thou

11. eclinix

eclinix Member

I speak Cantonese.

12. rolo

rolo New Member

I speak Cantonese.

13. Niteghost

Niteghost Well-Known Member

Speak Cantonese, but some of the terms sounds like Cantonese incorporated with Malay, I am from Malaysia originally, but resides in California for the past 30 + years. So Terms like : Coffee,Police,Stop,rain,Bazaar,Bread.....etc, are quite different, which most HK people would NOT understand.

14. newbieyyy

newbieyyy Member

I can speak 7 chinese dialects, but I can only speak fluently with just 2 of them.

Thanks.

15. DaiSifu

DaiSifu Member

just cantonese

16. tvbpopular

tvbpopular Member

Hi, yeah. I can speak Cantonese, too. I can't speak or understand Mando, though, that sock.

17. huniiiiii

huniiiiii Well-Known Member

I speak cantonese and can understand hakka