What do you think of the series so far?

Discussion in 'The Master of Tai Chi - 太極' started by whitenight, Feb 28, 2008.

1. sai

sai Well-Known Member

This drama is not bad... but some character are annoying specially that myolie, the fighting sceres are good

2. unclebuck888

unclebuck888 Member

i seen like 8 episodes and it aint all that but i ll finish it cuz i cant just ignore it after 8 episodes

3. zylo

zylo Well-Known Member

i prefer jackie wus tai chi master but on topic i think myolies character is a evil "insert horrible word "

4. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Of the fighting scenes that there are, they're pretty good, but there isn't enough going on. It's already so 15/25 and I feel bored, though I want to watch just for the fight scenes.

5. AisuTsuki

AisuTsuki Well-Known Member

This whole...

Tragic love triangle/square is ruining the whole series imo
    It's making me feel as though whoever wrote this was dumb

But yeah. As of right now, it's pretty dumb and boring
    Let's just get back to you killing me and me killing you please

6. simplysk

simplysk Member

as much as i usually like the cast (especially raymond lam!) must agree this series has been somewhat disappointing...
    i mean, i think raymond's not actually bad as an opponent for vincent zhao, but the type casting's all wrong!
    vincent zhao is brilliant fighter, but can't act to save his life. myolie's going for something different by trying to be an evil character, but it just doesn't work and, like everyone says, is just plain annoying.
    hope it picks up soon because everyone can't leave now that we've all watched like 16 episodes!
    (but yeah, the story should totally be fitted into 15 episodes instead of 25, would be so much quicker and better that way!)

7. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

I think the story is too slow and you know what's going to happen so it makes the series kinda boring...
    the fight scenes are kinda short and I was expecting to see at least 15 min of fighting per episode instead
    of 2 minutes of fighting... Overall I think this series would have been a lot better if it was 10 to 15 episodes
    instead of trying to drag out the show...

8. sinster

sinster Member

Yah..it's dragging, it should be a 20 ep not 30 ep

9. lucic2003

lucic2003 New Member

the episodes are getting better, ive seen up to 21 so far... alot of more fighting now then there was in the first few parts..

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Well-Known Member

^Yes! Last week was absolutely dreadful, but it's finally picking up again!

11. JennV

JennV Well-Known Member

I Thought This Series Would Be Like 40 Episodes,
    Until Yesterday I Finally Realized That It Was 25, I Was Shocked !
    They Took So Much Time To Build The Intro & Background Info,
    Now Its Already Episode 22, Im Worried That Its Going To Be Another Rushed Ending .
    =(

12. katlioness

katlioness New Member

i've always thought this series was good, even with myolie's screaming... but now that myolie has stopped screaming, it's gotten much better ;)

i didn't have any interest in watching the whole series of "seventh day", preferring this series to it. i didn't watch past episode 3 of that series. i can't wait for the last episodes of the master of tai chi!!!

13. ttl

ttl Well-Known Member

the first few episode was pretty good, seems like the writers can finished the series with 20, but its dragging to 25.

14. mizbbyangel

mizbbyangel Active Member

as it is nearing to an end i think the show is getting pretty good. I think that the middle was kinda boring maybe they shouldn't have dragged on this episodes in the middle.

15. Morgaine

^Yeah, they should've cut the middle eps in half and extended the last five episodes. It's starting to feel kinda rushed. Good, but rushed.

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

The series is going too fast, things and plot developments are showing up like out of nowhere....the relationships just seems to develop in 5-10 mins....its like pretty damn unreal....the acting sucks and seems very bland, like the reactions of the main lead...as he thought his master was the murderer of his family...he just seems to be normal after 5 mins wtf!!!!! i would expect someone to be completely fucked up in their minds if they found out their father figure was the murderer of his family, it's just the reactions and acting of the characters are soo goddamn wooden, but as opposed to the lead character...myolie wu...is wayy tooo overrr drammatticc to the point of annoyance, they contrast each other very much...and it would be more fitting if they trade off their personas to each other, would make each character more effective i guess haha.....but the thing is i still can't stop watching it....:wtf::eat:

17. OblivionStar

OblivionStar Well-Known Member

I like the fights scenes in the series.

btw
    Does anyone have the fight scenes in bulk?

18. Morgaine

What the heck kinda ending was that?!?!?! Such a disappointing end to the series. Seriously! So disappointed!

19. orian

orian Member

I have to agree with everyone that this series is very draggy the only reason I watch it because the fight scene looks goods. Disapporinted with the ending as well make no sense

20. nichole503

nichole503 Member

Nice show