What Is The Good And The Fast Way Learn Chinise???

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by devilz, Jan 7, 2007.

1. queeny1971

queeny1971 Guest

A big question

I'm from Argentina, I would like to know the meanings of the songs... I'm older than you are...so I cannot travel to China for a year.. o for three months... But I love chinese.. I will study it sthis year or the next.. But what I cannot understand is the difference between the mandarin and the cantonese... I'd love to visit Hong Kong one day, and understanding the movies... The ones that I can see from here are the movies from Hong Kong... So.. I must sutdy mandarin chinese or cantonese????
    Can someone explain this to me please??

2. ai0304

ai0304 Active Member

go to China and stay there for couple years.
    hahaha......

3. Tsunamiix

Tsunamiix Member

watch TVB all day

4. kickunow

kickunow Well-Known Member

u can always just ask ur uncle to teach you how to speak and write chinese. i find chinese very hard to learn though XD

5. Dickson826

Dickson826 Member

Aside from going to school or reading books to learn chinese, another good way may be just watching Hong Kong movies with chinese subtitles to learn chinese.

6. queeny1971

queeny1971 Guest

I swear I try with movies... I could learn some... But most of the movies here are from Hong Kong!!
    I'm in a course now... We'll see
    Wish me luck!

7. chrisch83

chrisch83 Member

rosetta stone.....or chinese movies/tv

8. MarcLo

MarcLo Active Member

Get a job at a Chinese restaurant or grocery store and immerse yourself exclusively on Chinese entertainment....:)

9. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

study abroad... preferably in china? ??? or just watch plenty of tvb n lots of chinese movies ... n turn off the subtitles other wise u jsut spend too much time reading

10. orange123

orange123 Well-Known Member

go to study aboard or if not feasible, date a person of chinese speaking and you'll learn quickly.

11. silence

silence Well-Known Member

Going to China is a little extreme for someone who just wants to learn basics :) For me I buy/download anime to learn Chinese and Japanese. They use simple terms and there's a lot of conversational basics you can pick up. And you learn swear words too lol -shock

Then just practice and speak to your family and friends. Even if they make fun of you for a gwai lo accent (like they do to me xD ) you learn bit by bit. I had to learn fluent Cantonese to sell cell phones...working on Manadarin now because I get a lot of those clients too!

12. Kachi_no_Kemuri

Kachi_no_Kemuri Well-Known Member

First of all if u know Chinese, then u on the advantaged side cause you can travel to china and pick it up.

If you dont then u might be disadvantaged side. You can take up night classes, go to TAFE (its similiar to the americans calling it "community college" but i dont know about the educational system in Argentenia) or go to uni.

If you go to uni, its very intense but you CAN learn Chinese more efficiently.

Hope it helps.

13. jonlikewh0a

jonlikewh0a Member

best way to learn is

1) listen to the music and watch the KTV to learn characters
    2) find someone who wants to learn your native tongue and speaks chinese so you can teach them how to speak your language better and they can help improve your chinese
    3) live in china/hk/taiwan for as long as possible

14. doungtawan

doungtawan Active Member

My friend s told me that to learn all the dirty word first. That's is how you remember and start talking.

15. epy

epy Active Member

queeny: most movies from hong kong are in cantonese.

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

what is chinise?

17. yungliu

yungliu Member

There is no 'fast' way to learn Cantonese just as there there really isn't a quick way to learn any language. It takes practice.

Best way would probably be to pick up a book although you should keep in mind that written and spoken cantonese differs greatly. So watching some dramas or simply trying to carry on a conversation in cantonese with your uncle will likely help.

18. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

i think the fast way maybe have a (girl/boy)friend who writes & read chinese very well

19. monmon22

monmon22 Member

practice conversating often. watching movies with subtitles helps when you have some foundation.

20. Kqc84

Kqc84 Well-Known Member

dating a chinese gf/bf
    live in HK for 5 years
    force yourself to learn it