What is with Vietnamese Rapping now?

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by MysticKurai, Aug 8, 2006.

1. quangdaika

quangdaika New Member

Wow. Let me guess, you are not Vietnamese right? If you are, then I don't know what else to say. Personally, all my songs on my mp3 player and computer are Vietnamese except for a few random Korean songs. The only time I listen to American music is on the radio. Everybody have a different taste.

2. Jayy_Teeh

Jayy_Teeh New Member

ii reckon that vietnamese musik is kindaa differnt to other country .. its meaningful and sad at times .. buh wen it come to rapping it kinda not oh so good ..

3. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

heh. When I was doing undergrad there was this Vietnames girl that likes to sing. so we were in the lab in the middle of the night trying to finish it for the next day and she started to sing. The white guy (my lab partner) loved it, as for me, the high pitch sounds that she made started to put me to sleep. So I went home.

It is nice in certain ways and it depends on the environment, it good to put me to sleep and gets the white guys excited :)

4. dolongdao

dolongdao Member

vietnamese rapping is done mostly by amateurs so waddaya expect.....

5. dr0wningp0oL

dr0wningp0oL Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Vietnamese rappers...in america lot of people think theY are good and im talking about the mainstream rappers u see on TV heh

6. quan

quan Well-Known Member

blah viet rap?

7. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

i don't think vietnamese can do rap yet

8. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

the singers are losing it too

9. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

[youtube]JqxOQ0SkWPQ[/youtube]

10. notnice2know

notnice2know Well-Known Member

Vietnamese songs to me are Tan nhac and the stuff you see in cai luong so plz..... They are the bomb if u're talking about they shouldnt sing.

11. neptunez9

neptunez9 New Member

True, Vietnamese rap just doesn't have the flow and control that the Koreans and Japanese have been able to do for awhile, but there is no way you can even compare them to African-Americans. But like all new ventures, there will always be criticism. Listen to the original raps from groups like Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash...if you're talking about sampling beats/music from other songs, that's what rap/hip-hop is all about. These forefathers of rap/hip-hop started by taking music from funk and disco for their rap songs. And there has always been the debate whether rap is even music, but rock n' roll used to be the "devil's music" back in the mid-1900's with Elvis and all. Anyways, I think it's great that our artists are trying something "new," but I definitely think they need voice lessons and more practice before they start releasing singles. Personally, I grew up disliking Vietnamese music, but I've acquired some taste/respect for the songs after understanding the meaning of the songs (plus, doesn't hurt that many of our singing ladies are beautiful!).

12. steviegno1

steviegno1 Banned

viet rap is not good. but some songs sound interesting

13. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

they shouldnt rap.. i dont listen to viet music, even though im partly viet, but they're duets (love songs, all the same..) are okay, but their copies are kinda o_O

14. AnAddict

AnAddict Well-Known Member

lmao. vietnamese rap is hilarious. it suck but so funny to lsiten to. people who try to rap viet and sound ganster should stop. if u have a funny accent and make the song funny then go for it.

15. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol the only people who should be allowed to rap are black people

16. mrsRAYMONDLAM

mrsRAYMONDLAM Member

viet rap is inda retarded >< tho im viet i have to be honest lols

17. mrsRAYMONDLAM

mrsRAYMONDLAM Member

lmaos its so like .. werid dnt suit the lang =\

18. mrsRAYMONDLAM

mrsRAYMONDLAM Member

weird** my bad lols

19. longtran

longtran New Member

I'm Vietnamese, and i should say one thing : It's awesome :D

20. WhiteBlaster

WhiteBlaster Active Member

some vitetnamese songs are great, especially those country songs. Even I don't understand it, I love those music.