what would you do if you died and went to an eternal hell

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by master_g, Feb 14, 2007.

1. yes Dan i read it, Jesus is the father, they are one. God simply came to earth into a human body (Jesus) to live a perfect life and be crucified to pay the price for our sins. the holy spirit is Jesus, Jesus said he will send his spirit and he will always strive with his people. Its simply God revealed to us in 3 persons but they are one God.

Dan this is my last post on this thread, cya later.

2. .......... fine.. your last post..

but thats not what i learned in religion school <_<

3. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

It's a shame master_g left.. I would have recommended that he read John 14:28, open heartedly, without twisting it. I noticed that many that believe in the trinity always use John 10:30 as an anchor, however they misapply that scripture. No where in the Bible does it support the Trinity doctrine.. Jesus never claimed to be the equal of God, any where in the scriptures.

4. in the bible Jesus says that he left his position in heaven to become a lowly man. he gave up his power, authority and position when he came here and had to rely on the father (showing us how we should be). he truly lived as a man hence he said, the father is greater then he is. the bible says that now, no name in heaven, earth or in the earth is above the the name of Jesus.

a little scripture:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

CHRIST JESUS...being in the FORM OF GOD, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:5-8

I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself. Isaiah 44:24

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:3 (in reference to Jesus)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, BELIEVED ON in the world, RECEIVED UP into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

i don't believe in the trinity which is basically belief in 3 Gods (not in bible), father, son and holy spirit, But i believe in the Godhead, which is one God revealed in 3 persons (is in bible).

Thats my belief concerning that. i left this thread cus flaming and people getting mad or hurt will get us nowhere, so for questions leading to that, i wont bother with. But for something like this, im more than happy to give my opinion.

cya

5. Zenom

Zenom Active Member

A serious of questions

Hi everyone, I like to pose to you a series of questions which I hope everyone can contemplate seriously without just brushing it aside as random nonsense

Questions:
    1. Heaven is eternal, the ultimate, most fantastic place to be where all our dreams are fulfilled for being one of the faithful
    If true, then I like to ask the christians what you would do in heaven for eternity? Your every wish is fulfilled, you have no desires or goals unfulfilled, your life is complete. There is complete contentment but there is boredom, boredom of a kind so unimaginable it is like torture of a kind (e.g. like burning in a lake of fire)
    Without purpose, without something to strive for what do you do to maintain your sanity?
    Perhaps you could argue that once you enter heaven you will no longer be bound by the desires and limitations of humanity, but then you are no longer yourself. You as a person cease to exist, you are simply another cosmic entity that serves the divine will of god - individuality cannot exist in the perfect world of heaven
    (which on a side note is a pro for those who believe in reincarnation, eternal rebirths means a life filled with experience, of suffering, lost, hope, happiness, love all that life can offer)

Secondly, heaven is where you can have whatever you want
    What if what you want contradicts what someone else wants
    What if your perfect world is a eternity with your wife/husband
    but his/her heaven is an eternity with someone else
    this is just an example but you get my meaning, if there is contradiction and both heavens must be satisfied than which one is the real one, which one of you is living an eternity of illusion or are both 'heavens' 'fake' - after all you want to spend eternity with your real husband - not with some clone of him
    For fairness these questions don't just apply to christians, they apply to any religion that offer an eternal heavenly afterlife (e.g. muslims)

I'll pose other questions later if you guys and gals want

#305 Zenom, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  6. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Master_g, I could have easily refuted the scriptures that you provided with out perversion to prove that the Trinity and the "God Head" is really not supported in the scriptures. However, that is my belief and you have yours. What I will say that I do not agree with you upon is when you state your words as if they are fact. Even if you truly believe that it is a fact, try to be tactful with your words or as the scripture in Colossians 4:6 states : "Let your utterance always be with graciousness, seasoned with salt.." following such a principle will help, so that you don't end up getting into heated arguments. Take care.

**Sorry for the late reply, I was talking to my mother abit. Anyway, see ya!

7. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

I think you must have misunderstood our dear Jun's question. Shall I lay it out more clearly for you?

The above statement I believe is more suited to answer a question is like "why is Hell created for?"

but what Jun was saying is that why would God create a Hell to torture and torment? Isn't God compassionate??? "In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful"...

Wouldn't God be compassionate enough to just make Satan vanish (since God is Almighty) instead of resorting to torture? And why would God let humans fall into hell for them to burn eternally??? That kind of torture is definitely extreme cruelty; and isn't God against cruelty?!

In fact; God has always been recognised as the most Kind; the most Merciful; the most Loving, the most Compassionate... the list goes on!

And if you say; those humans fall into Hell because they don't believe in God (as God in the Christian sense) wouldn't that portray God as a vengeful being? Just like,"You didn't believe in me... so I'm sending you to Hell to burn forever"... and God is asking us all NOT to be cruel and vengeful when he Himself is doing that? Isn't that hypocrisy?

Whoa.... be careful what you say there. I don't have to point out the obvious eh?

8. BabyRain

Whut????!!!!
    Last post?
    Is that a cowardly attempt to escape and evade all the questions you have just created by ur own statements?
    Appreciate the honesty in revealing that though :p

9. BabyRain

Well-said!!! Second that.

10. fair enough, cya later :)

11. i have a question for master_g

please clarify this for me:

what if your interpretation of Christianity is flawed? could it be plausible that Christianity is not as you think it is?

12. ya know... that is quite interesting lol

but what i think is this, the idea of wanting something in heaven is a materialistic need. and materialism does not exist in any afterlife according to many religions (at least thats what i think)

but actually, i think its even more complicated that i cannot explain..

13. BabyRain

Dann, people already want to evade; let him be ler ;)

P/s: i didn't reply to Zenom becoz his questions are directed for Christians.

14. lol not the second one ;)

maybe i should edit it a bit..

15. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

it is obvious that most human from other civilizations (chinese,egyptian etc) or maybe those w/o a civilization have never ever seen a copy of Old Testament let alone be a believer of it, do all of them end up in hell as well? doesnt sounds logical to me at all.

refer to babyrain's post...u didnt even answer me

o really? the Non-Trinitarians think otherwise tho -rolleyes so what they believe is wrong as well (in yur version of Christianity)? will they go to hell >.<?

also why does Jesus only appear at that part of the world to spread His teachings? human at other part of the world dont deserve to be in heaven? izzit cuz they are considered as monkeys? rofl

and bear in mind that all events are recorded by HUMAN -whistle so it MIGHT be wrong ...well its not something fallen from the sky afterall =P this applies to all other religions as well that have written records

16. Zenom

Zenom Active Member

good point dann about the materialistic needs
    but what about other needs?
    it kinda depends on what you define as materialistic, but for example a world where there is total religous tolerance and acceptance, might contradict those who believe that a perfect world is one where everywhere is christian - that type of desire can be argued to not be a pity materialistic need, though love for one's spouse isn't that materialistic as well

17. BabyRain

Zenom; not all religions believe in Heaven and Hell per se..

18. yes, but we arent quite sure how love works in heaven are we?

in fact, we dont know how anything works in heaven. like how are we sure we are going to be judged in heaven and so on (like someone here said). all we can do is theorize, but not prove them.

so we'll just have to wait =)

19. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Let's give a warm welcome to new blood: Jun and Zenom (in order of appearance). With their brilliant questions!

Serious, the questions are valid and NEW to this thread in every sense of the word, plus, without the previous "background" you are shredding new light onto the subject/argument.

I am just pointing out the maybe-not-so-obvious: it is entirely possible that any given Christian's point of view is flawed, as it doesn't seem to have a consensus in interpretation of scriptures and such like...

#319 hiake, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  20. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

wow, i'm reading this and it got all religious.

ANYWAYS,

going back to the first question, if i were sent straight to an eternal hell...well, i don't it be any different than now, except for a few flying demonic monkeys, and the odd reaper going by....