What's everyone been doing to pass time during COVID-19?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by megazone23, Apr 17, 2020.

1. megazone23

megazone23 Well-Known Member

What's everyone been up to during this time where most, if not all of us, have been asked to stay home?

For myself, playing games on pc, taking care of a newborn baby (thank goodness before all this started) and youtube, netflix and dramas have become my best friend.

Oh that and taking a camera, changing it to B+W mode and taking B+W pictures. Oh and using that to learn to take videos. Gotta learn something during this time when I have lots (? or not the baby keeps me busy) of time.

How about everyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  2. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

Well on my hols bread now, but I had been working from home, watching dramas and films, reading books and playing games

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Was gaming a bit, and planned to catch up on some dramas and shows while I was on 'on-call status' because who knew when this shit was gonna end. Got called in and worked 4 days while being 'on-call' status for 2 weeks. Then got switched back to full-time status now starting next week.

Not sure if it's even possible but I should've relaxed even more while I had the days off lol

Stay safe everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

No such luck for me. I'm up to my eyeballs in Covid...

5. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Ralphrepo!

I am on week 5 lockdown coming up to 6, really climbing the walls!

6. megazone23

megazone23 Well-Known Member

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing that you're back to work, especially during this time but at least you got full-time status again. Things can't be THAT busy at work though, right? Still may be time to catch up on some dramas, lol

Sorry to hear that Ralphrepo. Hope you get well soon!
    Week 5 of lockdown for me. Only going out for quick grocery store runs and it's been pretty much sunny here this whole lockdown which is rare since we're known for rain in the spring -_-"

#6 megazone23, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea. At least it's job security. They still paying the other on-calls right now but if it goes on, they could stop paying them and then they have to file for unemployment.

8. Netflix & Grocery Shopping.. and now.. reminiscing of the good ol' days..

9. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

I'm still working.. :sick:

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

As front line worker, they're giving us an extra week vacation along with $2500 lump sum bonus. While I welcome the cash, I really feel for those poor souls who died and the many who lost jobs over this. The sad thing is, that it isn't really over yet and everyone is pushing to reopen. IMHO, this is going to wind up getting worse again as the eagerness to rebuild the economy may actually get more people sick.

#10 ralphrepo, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Working from home, every single day. Especially end of financial year, no breaks

12. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

I work in accounting in the public sector so no break either. It's been more busy with all the extra costing/projections and planning work they have us involved in to see how we'll try and survive financially. Good job security so can't complain. I was working from home since middle of March until this past week when they wanted us to return to the office. :( I was more productive at work on my 4K TV than with just a mere 2 1080p monitors at work. Now I waste 30-40 minutes each way in a commute.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Well, they’ve just announced a second wave so it’s seems like another lockdown is imminent ~ the shopping madness has already started.

I’m just doing what I’ve been doing since the initial one:
    Lots of cooking (there was a few food trends that I was trying out)
    Studying different courses
    Completed a few jigsaw puzzles
    Karaoke (singing my stress and heart out haha)
    Workouts - can’t be too comfortable, no lockdown body thanks
    And ofc lots of catching up with movies and dramas :popcorn: