What's with people giving free hugs.

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Veincentury, Aug 23, 2007.

1. neomooky

neomooky Active Member

Wow I am really surprised you all don't know the story behind the "Free Hug" Campaign.
    It all started with a guy in my home town of Sydney, giving away "Free Hugs" in the shopping mall of City Centre just under the Centre point tower:

Taken from the "Official Free Hugs web page"

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/
    His name is Juan Mann:

Sometimes, a hug is all what we need.

Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity come together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.

In the Spirit of the free hugs campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, If you can reach just one person.

This is really a beautiful story, check out the video as well it sort of follows how thing's started.
    The first time I saw the video I cried...yeah I am a guy...but sometimes you see something so moving you can't help it...really check it out and you will really want to go out and hug someone as well....if Oprah likes it then it's got to be good then ..right?

2. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for enlightening me...I guess they're just doing it out of kindness and give some compassion to strangers. That's really nice .of them then.

3. Aries

Aries Well-Known Member

You have no idea how a single hug can impact a person's daily life. Especially residing in a fast growing sense-less and emotion-less society. I think these guys have the right idea. They give hugs regardless of your looks, your face, and other physical attributes. It can mean alot to people

4. AON

AON Well-Known Member

LMAO!

5. TVX

TVX Active Member

i havent seen anyone doing that here. but it kinda funny. alot of ppl r doing it video it and post it on youtube

6. yip

yip Well-Known Member

lol! very nice

it makes me feel gud :D

7. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

Hug em and whisper I have aids then hug em tighter. People like that.

8. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ In case you didnt know, aids is not easily transmitted unless if you have sexual contact with them. ;)

9. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Lol....-noclue

10. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

Yes, and from cuts, and sharing a needle, etc etc. But the thought of being that close to someone with aids is enough to worry lots of people. That was the idea.

11. liltigger23

liltigger23 Well-Known Member

ive always wondered wth a free hug is too...
    it sounds awesome
    but personally id rather hug my friends.. :p

12. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

Well...... If the girl was cute............. :D Why not?? haha

13. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol i give free hugs, give to school girls hehe ^^