Where did more people die, Hiroshima or Nanjing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ralphrepo, Jan 3, 2007.

?

What city suffered the most deaths?

1. Hiroshima from atomic bomb

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Nagasaki from atomic bomb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nanjing from mass murder

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. Don't know

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

I think there are more people died in nanking. hiroshima city had more damages

2. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

I disagree with you surplusletterbox, this is the internet and a world of free expression so I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the Rape of Nam King. Besides, this is in the Chinese Chat section, not the general discussion section so it is the appropriate forum/medium to talk about this. Lastly, this is our history and fact, not people making obscene remarks....as long as the talk is civilized, there's no reason to avoid topics such as these.

3. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Ralph, I agree with you. I feel as if most of the people in their teens to 30s are too complacent and clueless about their roots and their history. Many seem to derive their "facts" from what they see on TV or hear from other people's conversations rather than looking things up from credible sources to learn about themselves and their heritage. I find it even more annoying when these topics are brought up to them, some just say "what does it matter, it happened so long ago and it doesn't affect me." I hope none of these people become our leaders in the future because so much of the current and future political decision and direction of policy is based on past relations and past history.

Sorry, had to get this off my chest and rant....I'm done.

4. iamadog

iamadog Member

not really very sure but I think hiroshima.

5. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

i did not ralize the Japanese killed this many, I knew they were very bad to the Chinese but not like this.