Which country is easier to survive?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by HollyRong, Jul 17, 2009.

1. petertong

petertong Member

Hi , I know that it's difficult to have a visa in China .But if you come to Canada with your skill and study more to have more certificate then you may have a good job.
    In Canada you have to pay many taxes but you have a lot of welfare to apply .
    Education and living environment is good for kids too.

2. petertong

petertong Member

Health care and education are free in Toronto

3. petertong

petertong Member

Canada is a country with freedom

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

There is no 1 place in the world that is the best to live in. Every country has its ups and downs. I think it's a little tougher for 1st generation immigrants. Most of the 1st generation immigrants end up running restaurants, convenient stores and gas stations, at least in US anyway.
    US has the 'golden opportunities or golden egg or golden something' image. But I believe alot of Americans and immigrants will tell you that it's not necessarily the case. You still need to work your butt off irregardless to achieve what you want in life; and, what you want for your children. It's not like money falls out of the sky in US. Sure, with USD having the advantage over other currencies in the world as the trading currency status. You tend to be able to buy goods and services at a cheaper rate; however, do take into consideration that US economy is now in the shit hole. Who knows what will happen in the next decade? Americans might be migrating to China for jobs and Chinese Yuan could be stronger than USD then.

"Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence", question you have to ask yourself is "is it really greener"?

#24 ab289, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009