Which do you prefer: Chopsticks or Fork and Spoon

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by popoho, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da-HaXx0r

Da-HaXx0r Well-Known Member

I say chopsticks. I remember bringing them to camp.... then using them to whip the mouse that we had to make for desert. lmao. XD

But like everyone else, I guess it depends on what I'm eating.... I don't really think chopsticks are as handy as a knive and fork when eating steaks or a spoon when drinking soup. lol. =D

2. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

We use chopsticks almost all over the time...but is we eat 'western' food at home, then we use ofcourse fork knive spoon etc...

3. Zenom

Zenom Active Member

Combination chop-sticks and spoon

4. chopsticks for everything =D

5. darwinn

darwinn New Member

Spoon And Fork

6. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

I'm use to using chopsticks xD So I basically use chopsticks everywhere...except those fancy resturant that only allows fork, knife and spoon. Wonder what happen if you ask for a chopstick in those fancy resturants -lol

7. ItsRobertttt

ItsRobertttt Well-Known Member

chopstickss hate the screeching noise spoon and fork makes when scraping the bowl

8. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

it all depends on the food....chopsticks for noodles and what not...fork to eat da 'deep tau fan"and those things and spoon for soups

9. Arisaki

Arisaki Member

Chopsticks always unless I'm at an American restaurant

10. dinkojinko

dinkojinko Active Member

I'd have to go with fork and spoon. If you use fork and spoon together, they can act as chopsticks should you choose to do so. With a spoon you can drink soup with, with chopsticks, you cannot. There's really nothing that a chopstick can do, that a fork and spoon is not capable of doing.

11. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I prefer to use chopsticks because it has a larger variety of usages than forks. Of course, spoons are also important for drinking soup.

12. Kqc84

Kqc84 Well-Known Member

it depends on the food. chopsticks for rice. fork for salads. spoon for soup.

13. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

chopsticks

14. erichau

erichau Active Member

Chopsticks! Because if u accidently bit on the utensil...
    Fork = MY TEETH! TO THE DENTIST! HURRY!!!!!
    Spoon = Umm its stuck...
    Chopstick = How can you bite on these long sticks...

15. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

I like using chopsticks. I even use it to it rice. But if I'm eating something that requires peeling, like prawns, I prefer using fork and spoons. Cos they're easier to handle

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

chopsticks man!!!! asian style son i hate when my someone tells me to use a fork and a spoon to eat a bowl of wonton soup that is such a hassle

17. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

I used whatever is handy for a certain type of food.

18. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

shame to say i normally use 'spork and foon' to eat and never learned the right way of holding chopsticks but i finally got it having a good friend like mine who always laugh at how 'unchinese' i am when i can't even hold my chopsticks right

19. *momo

*momo Well-Known Member

arg! forks are impossible to use! chopsticks are the only thing i know how to use >_<

20. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

chopsticks most of the time.. (eventhough i don't have the proper holding technique..-_-" it works tho :D) spoon for soup.. and anything that needs cutting with a knife i use fork and knife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.