which one is your Favorite fast food chains

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Kooslee, May 17, 2007.

1. markham rd north of 7....

and Chez Cora you mean :p

i ate it in montreal, and being a kid, i remember eating TOO many fruits and cream, that i told myself never to eat there again XD

everytime someone mentions it, i go -sick2 but i guess its all in the mind -lol

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Yup it's called Cora's in Toronto (and other non-francophone parts :p)

I LOVED the fact that they serve the fruits in mountains ^+++^ very healthy

And yeah, I love their egg benedict... So delicious :)

3. all i know is that i was scared of that restaurant when i was a kid... LOL -bigsmile

4. hiake

I guess LOL

And yeah, so that aldente place you talked about, it's on Markham Road north of HWY 7?

5. yea... um, you know that royal bank? well i think its beside it... theres also a spa place beside it that alicia silverstone went to... i saw that and i was like... OMG a star visited markham! lol

caution, it is not cheap!

but yea... you can park at the back where you usually park for royal bank, and walk up to the front... you should see outdoor tables with green parasols too

6. hiake

Cools, so if you are talking about the Royal Bank I know where it is (it's right across from Tsukiji and the pool place :p)

How about that Lemon restaurant (also nearby), have you try that???

And how "not cheap" is "not cheap"??? What kind of range should I expect???

7. i havent tried lemon... theres this good restaurant... some hungarian restaurant which i forgot the name... pretty good too, but not sure if it closed...

and uh... as for the range, its like 20+ a dish...

few are under 20, but good ones are 20+...

they make their own pastas and stuff... good stuff lol

esp the appetizers... omg the appetizers... SOOOO GOOODDDDD

8. hiake

Okay... I think I can afford that on a special night :) I was just worried that it's one of those off the beaten path hidden gem which is crazy expensive like Canoe or Susur =_=bbb THAT I cannot afford...

But around 20-30 for the pasta... still affordable (for special occasion)

9. susur? as it susur lee?!?!

10. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Popeye's? Never heard of it in M'sia...
    Neway; Subway yeah... and KFC, McDonald's, A&W's, Pizza Hut...

11. popeye >> kfc.... offers spicy chicken and hot biscuits... mmmmmm

and hiake, im sorry, its not aldante, but al dente... my mistake!

12. hiake

LOL, I kind of suspect that, but meh, I know it's "al dente" ^+++^

And yeah, Canoe and Susur (not Lee, which is the spin-off line) are crazy expensive IMO... me one poor student :(

13. yea.. you could save that al dente night for you you and your special someone ;) -lol

14. hiake

LOL, thanks for that tip :p

Anyways, I am also looking for good brunching place... any suggestions?

I've try Chez Cora/Cora's at Warden & HWY 7 but the quality is just not the same as Montreal (too crowded, super slow service and stupid staff), Il Fornello's got buffet Brunch on weekends (pretty decent, plus it isn't too crowded) and that's about it :(

Still looking for more Brunch or non-Chinese pastry places...

15. i could suggest you SOO many places in montreal...

il fornello... is that the one by harbourfront?

brunch.. brunch... theres this decent place on sheppard and markham... i forgot the name... its alright i guess...

but i dont understand why i cant think of any brunches... my family eat out sooooo often...

but as for montreal, there are sooo many good restaurants but i cant remember the names nor the locations :(

one actually makes the BEST PIZZA EVER!!!

its a rectangle pizza with only tomato sauce.. i was skeptical at first, but IT IS THE BEST!!

and a few patisseries belges... i cant recall the name nor locations either... sorry :(

16. hiake

It's okay :p The Il Fornello I frequent is up near Richmond Hill Town Center (Yonge and HWY 7), though apparently the one in Greek Town's okay, while the one on Church's crappy (or so I've heard)

In Montreal I usually go for the safe Premiere Moisson (was there an e at the end of Premier(e)?)... Coz there's just one like 2 minutes from my friend's place ^+++^ Cora for REAL Brunch, not a fan of Eggspectation :(

But other than that, I am pretty cheap in Montreal, always crashing the ghetto student's hidden gem places... Like... hmmm that Italian restaurant in the student ghetto... the name eludes me. Ah yes, Amelio or something like that... It's nearby du Park cinema (or whatever happened to it)

Jardin Nelson for the absolute best (which also translates to not expensive to me) place to dine in Old Port... Love their salad and pasta dishes :p

L'academie's great in Longueil, the one in that Champlange (I totally have no idea how to spell this one) mall.

And of course, Schwatz for the best smoke meat IMO :p

Yeah... locations woud be great, since I may go to Montreal soon... some new places to try would be nice ^+++^

I did mention I totally go BEYOND cheap when it comes to Montreal right? =_=bbb Good food apparently comes less expensive in Montreal (than Toronto) in general. Except for Chinese (and Japanese and Korean), of course.

17. yea its Premiere... the e means its feminine...

and yea... l'academie... you know markham has one too right?

its called the school.... on 14th west of kennedy... will try soon, but apparently you need reservations... but its just like l'academie, and i live like... 2 seconds away lol

18. hiake

WHAT?! I didn't know there's a L'academie in Markham... WHERE???

*reads on*

Oh, that one... I've been there. It was so so... not as brilliant as L'academie (especially short on the dessert aspect)

LOL so dann live near Kennedy and 14th :p

On second thought, then you live FAR from that Can Tire!!! -shock How can you bike to work?!

19. actually i was exaggerating about the distance... i live around denison and brimley...

so yea... its a 30 min bike one way lol

20. hiake

Even farther... It kind of remind me of my walk to Markville... and the Centennial pool... 30 minutes under the flaming sun without shelter is no fun =_=bbb