Which one would you sacrifice

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by AZN-511, Feb 1, 2007.

?

Social life or academic success

1. Parttttttttttttyyyyyy (social life)

36 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. A+ (academic success)

43 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

u know its an asian forum when the 'Academic success' choice is twice as high as the partying choice.

2. adoi_1984_boy

adoi_1984_boy Member

go for acedemic results, then after u earn enuff. go have fun. lol

3. melip

melip Member

academics first, social life second..i feel you only have a certain amount of chances to get a good degree..we can party anytime, but we won't have the chance to go back and get education once we miss out on it..we'd have to work to support ourselves instead.

4. awong04

awong04 Well-Known Member

academic success

5. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

def academic success first... especially if you're a college student. you have so much time during the summer and breaks... almost about 6 months altogether. you can party all you want during those 6 months. it's not so hard to just go to class and study a bit to do well in college.

6. i want social life.. but since i dont have it >.< gagaga j/k :p

7. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

I have a balance of academic and social life. I think it's the least I can do to keep myself sane. Maybe that's why I'm just a 3.85 gpa kind of guy.

8. ctsport

ctsport Member

I really don't think there needs to be a sacrafice.. growing up is about learning to balance life.. I say you can have your pie and eat it too -rockon

9. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

i think you need to strick the perfect balance where u can enjoy somewhat of a social life even if it is with the people that you study with all the time or with people outside of that circle...u need to get out and relax let the stress out...or you'll go nuts as it slowly builds and brews in you

for me i found the balance when i meet my study group...we partied after exams but when it came to crunch time we pounded the crap out of the material and helped each other pass....i think u can have a little of both just need to know when you've had too much fun and go back to the important stuff

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ while that is true, academic success doesnt mean a good job, you would pay to go uni just to party all the time?

11. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

you pay to meet the people at the uni >.<

12. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

i was wondering.. if guys chose acdemically.. sayin u have long holidays...
    wont ur class mates who see u as non social... think ur some nerd... dun wanna hang out with u...

so u got no one to go out with in the holidays? lol and u've been studyin too much in the semester ur outa date in the social life?

13. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

One doesn't need a uber-busy social life or 24/7 partying to be social. Moreover, classmate and friends are distinct group of people (to me) - I won't be very close to people until they stop being my classmates. In that case, for longer holidays one can spend time with older friends (known for longer time) or people who are out of town.

14. smokedhen

smokedhen Well-Known Member

don't give false information about how grad schools only look at the last 2 yrs. Do you work as an admissions officer. Your overall gpa is important. All your years at college would count. Dental/Med school may emphasize science gpas more, but all your yrs of college will still matter.

Don't sacrifice your social life too much. If you are good with time management, you can enjoy both! gl.

15. Parttttttttttttyyyyyy of coz!!! u'll never know wot kinda rich ppl u'll end up meeting :p

16. cakl

cakl Member

I would find my social life afterwards.. remember all those doctors in healing hands ? ><

17. Tassadar2k03

Tassadar2k03 Well-Known Member

Acedemic success= $$$ = Great Social life after school, but of course it will be best to balance ur life like 3.0 with party lolz

18. MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR Member

It is a tough choice for I believe both ar ejust as important. Sacraficing either one will hurt you in life just as much.

19. gk1986

gk1986 Member

Work, the social. But there should always be a good amount of social nonetheless.

20. Cococokie

Cococokie New Member

i need both lol.