Who believes in karma?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Yo itz Trong, Jan 15, 2007.

1. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

Karma = Justice

sometimes it happens, sometimes it dont

2. Aussei

Aussei Member

Absolutely, what goes around comes around. One way or another

3. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

karma is only real if you believe in it

4. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe in karma.
    Sometimes when I do something bad, after I get in sooo much shit. And I think back, ah I knew this was gonna happen.

5. huynh.aaron

huynh.aaron Member

karma exists! It came and bit me in the ass plenty of times T_T

6. hermidude

hermidude Well-Known Member

I'm Buddhist and in Buddhism, we are bound by karma whether we believe it a not. Nevertheless, karma functions different from fate. As individuals we have the capacity to change and create karma that can be good, bad, or neutral.

7. habib718

habib718 Active Member

LOL more specifically the ones with the $$

8. unleash drag0n

unleash drag0n Active Member

I believe in karma if you did something bad during the past something will happened to you during the next generation.

9. tomemiprozac

tomemiprozac Member

ME! i totally believe in it. why else would there be a saying 'do unto others what you want done unto you' or something like that. i don't remember the exact wording but the gist is there LOL

10. dim_sum85

dim_sum85 Member

i believe... thats why im scared... ive done a few things im not proud of...

11. BakaSenpai

BakaSenpai Well-Known Member

Haha. I'm Buddhist but I follow Taoist philosophies.

I'll give a more technical def of Karma, that's if I can remember it properly. Lol. From what I remember, karma has a cycle. Everyone has it. There will be a time when you're karma cycle will be at a point where it's really bad regardless of how much good you've done. But to explain that, Karma will take a year off your natural life span for every wrong doing done. The def. of wrong doing here is unclear to me, but I believe it's like stealing and etc. Like a "crime" being committed. If a person has committed wrong doings after another, after the person passes away, Karma still demands retribution and will claim a year off of the next generation of the family tree and it'll continue until the number of wrong doings has been compensated.

12. emawlee28

emawlee28 Well-Known Member

karma is wut comes around.

eg.lets say u cheat on ur gf then ur next gf or the one u loved the most. will cheat on u

13. PHCOP101

PHCOP101 Member

If karma doesn't exist, what u did is meaningless..bullshit!!!
    Everythings have their consequences, just like newton law...action and reaction...
    and karma is simply like that.....

14. cadeline

cadeline Well-Known Member

Karma is you reap what you sow. If you have something stolen, then you should have kept the something safely or bought an insurance in the case of burglary or robbery. It's a lesson or a vicious circle depending on the situation I guess.

I don't believe that people could do good all their lives. What they deem good, may be crap to other people. If they keep doing good to a particular person and getting the same crap from that person, then I suggest that she/he wise up and stop throwing pearls to swine. If a tragedy happened to them, it doesn't necessary mean that they deserve it. Shit just happens. Nothing to reap from. Life is just full of lesson. Karma or not, just learn from it.

15. seiko2003

seiko2003 Member

Karma is never true. It's a made up concept to scare off people so that they don't do harms to other to keep the evolution of life going (i.e. to pass our dominant genes to the next generation). If you don't believe me, I got proof. Go checkout the link below.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...offender_wins_10_million_from_scratch_ticket/

I mean, in just a month, there were two dangerous sex offenders winning millions
    of dollars in the lottery in the state of Massachusetts. If Karma is real ,these guys should be suffering in jail instead...hahaha

16. drewma007

drewma007 New Member

I personally don't think Karma is true....although I am a half-Buddhist @@"
    I believe the purpose of these kind of theory is to reduce people from committing crimes in order to create a better world~
    as what seiko2003 said....sex offenders won millions in the lottery, if there was Karma, why would it happen?

17. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

of course its real! they made a song out of it.

18. KraziiVtGrl

KraziiVtGrl Member

haha...well to me it does...catch up to you eventually like me..if i steal sumthing..i know i'll lose something..so when i do lose something..like a mp3 i'll just be like oh thats wat i get for stealling..i know its stupid but thats wat i think!

19. Dohh_boy

Dohh_boy Well-Known Member

Well a lot of karma is common sense too...if you keep lying people wont trust you. If you sleep around all the time, youre probably gonna get an STI

20. sebi

sebi Member

from wikipedia:
    Karma is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called samsara) described in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to them and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.

i guess karma's more or less a moral principle to live by?? similar to ... say... "do unto others only what you would do unto them" ....

and just like any other religion.. it exists if you beleive it