who can read chinese here??

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jun 20, 2006.

?

How well can u read/write chinese??

1. read and write isn't a problem at all

49 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. i recognise enough characters to read mag and books.. but can't really write

59 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. i can read from one to ten, cow, sheep, man that's about it

71 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. not at all

13 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. BunJai

BunJai Well-Known Member

Not good at writing at all, but reading some is OK

2. birdman

birdman Member

i guess im OK la in both reading and writing. i went to chinese school b4...but i thnk i forgot some characters -.-;;

3. TheKing903

TheKing903 Member

I can read most of the words lol, but when it comes to writing, FORget it!!

4. MLAM

MLAM Well-Known Member

I can barely read or write chinese!

I was born in england so I've never really learnt any since I was born. I can speak a fair amount of fluent Cantonese though.

5. allyx333you

allyx333you Member

I can only read the really simple and basic things like one and two...

6. missyou4ever89

i can read but i cant write...:(

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i really want to learn to read and write chinese as i think it'll be soo handy and its always good to learn new skills :) it'll be good especially when i go to HK, as when we go to restaurants im only able to order the usual dim sums i mean they're great its just sometimes i wanna be a little adventurous and try something new but cant as cannot read chinese :)

also with the new system that seems to be getting popular in UK is marking your own dim sums with a pen and paper - this is very disadvantaged to me as if im not with parents i have to ask a waiter to mark it down for me :(

however this summer im attempting to learn a few chinese characters, but i have to pinyin in english, but can recognise odd few characters now like person, big, small, heart, open etc all the ones that look quite distinctive to other ones hee hee :)

8. liljtam

liljtam Member

i can read the chinese subtitles in those chinese drama.....writing ehhh need to think harder though.

9. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I can actually read quite well and understand it well, however writing has been a constant problem for me <_<

10. singlung2099

singlung2099 Well-Known Member

I never paid attention in chinese school all the chinese that I can read and write was taught to me by my grans sister when she was visiting from china (she teaches at a medical university). She was only here for 2 weeks

11. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

basics in readin and writing, its pain when going to chinese websites, end up using babel fish alot

12. person

person Well-Known Member

So sad... I can't read or write Chinese... well I know my name... and I know how to write from 1 to 99... lol. And... I know really simple characters... big... small, me, you, water, girl, boy, etc etc. I don't even know sheep, dog or cat! That's sad... ah...
    Biggest sentence I can write is like... too many people... or... something like that. 3characters long... and that's it. lol.

13. Theballs26

Theballs26 New Member

i can read some but cant write

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

who wanan teach me how to rite? lol

15. camme86

camme86 Member

Unfortunately I can only read a little bit.

16. anti

anti Well-Known Member

i can read a lil n write a lil but not so good oh wel's-sweat

17. kimmimuichi

kimmimuichi Member

我可以

18. sexmachine

sexmachine Member

33000 characters, it's impossible to master the whole thing

19. glitterysky

glitterysky Member

I used to be able to read Chinese but after I quit Chinese school, I totally lost everything. Now I can barely recognize any words.

20. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Used to be able to read & write pretty well. Haven't written anything in Chinese for over a decade.

Now, I can only read newspapers, magazines, KTV lyrics, and menus....can't write more than simple phrases tho...have forgotten the characters with too many strokes.

Wife can read & write fluently though....so I get lessons from her hahaha