who can read chinese here??

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jun 20, 2006.

?

How well can u read/write chinese??

1. read and write isn't a problem at all

49 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. i recognise enough characters to read mag and books.. but can't really write

59 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. i can read from one to ten, cow, sheep, man that's about it

71 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. not at all

13 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Lazy06

Lazy06 Member

i cant read or write chinese >.< but understand:D

2. yayitzmonica

yayitzmonica Well-Known Member

i can read chinese and write it too. :D i dont mean to brag but i was 1st place in mi chinese skool last year ^^

3. chariot28

chariot28 Active Member

Chinese illiterate

When I was four, my parents asked if I wanted to go to chinese school? I thought, "...hmmm, go to chinese school and get more homework... I think the answer is going to be no!..."

I regret that decision...

C

4. iwanliu

iwanliu Member

a litte bit la, can read, can write haha

5. misstk

misstk Member

Can read few words and write too!
    I understand when people speak to me and they understand what I say!
    I'm still learning chinese, want to pass the HSK this year!

6. Shizuke

Shizuke Member

I can't read or write.. ._.;; I want to learn someday. x_x

7. Danny

Danny Active Member

only numbers, can't even write my own Chinese name. haha

8. chan1270

chan1270 Member

simple chinese is not really a problem..~ hehehe not into cp,plicated poetry

9. vaxvms

vaxvms Member

i can read chinese and write it too................

10. winterfuyu

winterfuyu Well-Known Member

Chinese schools fail, because the majority of the kids there treat it as school, aka hate/indifference. And then they don't want to learn (at least if they've been forced to go there by their parents).

And another thing: unless it's a relatively good (well-known) Chinese school, usually teachers there WILL be immigrants and not have a high degree of fluency in English. This causes problems in the fact that they might not be able to explain certain concepts of Chinese words in English, which causes a very bad problem.

Of course if you decide to go to Chinese school because you want to learn Chinese, then that's a different story. Second problem still might apply though.

11. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Member

I'll go with "i can read from one to ten, cow, sheep, man that's about it". I hope to learn to read more though.

12. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Me too. -emb

13. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

I went to chinese school until i was 13... i stopped because of the amount of school work i had to do but i can still read and write chinese fluently

14. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

/ I can read/write it.. getting rusty though.. haven't written anything in chinese for more than a year? lol

15. ann13ch3n

ann13ch3n Member

i can read... kinda.. i can barely write. n i can speak it!! i came to america after i finished 2nd grade in taiwan n started chinese school here like 3 years after.. so i pretty much forgot everything.. its like starting all over.. very hard considering i still have regular school... i wish i had all my time for just one school [preferably chinese..]

16. i am bad boy :( i have went to chinese school from 5 years old till i was 13..
    but ive lost everything i learned and i really regret it nowadays...
    im 18 now and i really want to go back to hongkong but i cant look for any jobs since i can only write/read dutch and english...

only good thing is that i can speak chinese :D

17. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you! In fact, I am a strong opposer of Chinese schools. At the Chinese school I went to, they taught us useless words, impractical words that would rarely be applied or used in the real world. As well, like winterfuyu said, the teachers are immigrants or international students - and they speak English to us because they want to learn/practice their English! And hello, we're here trying to learn Chinese but they talk to us 90% in English!

Also, like winterfuyu mentioned, the other kids worsen the overall learning environment because usually, 99% of them are there ONLY because their parents forced them there. They don't show much enthusiasm or effort, (and they also speak English too) and basically, you're not submersed in a Chinese environment.

Personally, for me, the best way to learn is to be out there, to speak it, etc. I believe that only those with the passion to learn will succeed at the language; otherwise, you'll only know what you know.

18. tphoenix13

tphoenix13 New Member

read and write ..

19. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I read just enough novels to keep my skills up. Not too much that I will be tempted to write :p
    Plus, my script is not intelligible.

20. xopher

xopher Member

lol i can speak it, and understand it
    but i cant write it lol
    i can maybe write all the easy stuff (numbers, colors, expressions, ...) all that noob stufff