who can read chinese here??

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jun 20, 2006.

?

How well can u read/write chinese??

1. read and write isn't a problem at all

49 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. i recognise enough characters to read mag and books.. but can't really write

59 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. i can read from one to ten, cow, sheep, man that's about it

71 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. not at all

13 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Danny7835

Danny7835 Member

I can I can, but not much la..:D

2. Jing.Tsui

Jing.Tsui Member

I can read good but sucks in writing -.-

3. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

wished i learned i dont know any chinese

4. moodycaddy

moodycaddy Well-Known Member

i'm glad i was born in HK and had school there till grade 2. that's where all my chinese skills came from.

5. alice183

alice183 Member

i only can read and write some very basic characters....but that's not enought to read newspaper or book >.<
    i am currently learning it myself...but it's so hard! ...my aim is to be able to read newspaper or mags one day^^

6. benjwang

benjwang Well-Known Member

i want to learn mandarin

7. larrylee_00

larrylee_00 New Member

I can read Chinese. I have lived in HK for 14 years. So, I have no problem reading Chinese. Somehow, I feel bad for Chinese people who can't read Chinese. So, they can't sing K and read mag.

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ They learn and memorize the pronounciation of the lyrics (without recognizing the characters), hard work always steer towards the wrong things <_<

9. Ham_Sup

Ham_Sup Active Member

My Chinese is competent enough that I can understand magazines/newspapers, but I certainly can't read all the words <_<

still can't write that well though

10. yungliu

yungliu Member

Even living in canada, I'd say I speak more chinese than english throughout the course of the day. Also been going to chinese classes since I was 3, so that's where I learnt to read/write I guess.

11. shadow85

shadow85 Well-Known Member

Nope hehe. I cant read or write. dam

12. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

i only read the numbers and some words

13. happychic

happychic Well-Known Member

I can only read the easy words or most common words. If hardly read chinese magazines or newspapers because I cant read every word and dont understand what they say either but wish I could read and write with no problem though

14. hamboy

hamboy Member

im ok at reading... writing is another story la

15. sn3ky_x

sn3ky_x Active Member

well i never realli paid attention to any of my teachers at chinese school...lol

16. tree

tree Well-Known Member

reading is no prob.. but writing.. sometimes i tend to forget how to write the most simple characters.. so needa spend some time thinking first =P but i think chinese allows me express myself more easily.. so i'd prefer writing in chinese rather than english sometimes =)

17. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

yay.. im one of the 30 who can read and write.. haha.. so proud of myself -coolio

18. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

readings the easy part........iono how ppl remeber how to write the characters.....

19. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ How did you learn how to spell? Practice, of course. And once you know how to read, reading A LOT helps too.