Who here actually trains/ knows WING CHUn! 詠春

Discussion in 'Wing Chun - 詠春' started by skywalka, Oct 27, 2007.

1. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

ive been training 詠春 for maybe 2 yrs now, only once a week, but had a couple of big breaks :D

so anybody here know 詠春? or knows somebody that does wing chun?

honestly... its not a fancy martial arts

2. Kevster21

Kevster21 Member

yep, same as u.. been doing it for 2yrs.. 1week per session.. but this was like 5years ago =D

3. LuckTiger

LuckTiger Well-Known Member

you might as well not go if you go one time a week.

4. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

atleast some training is better than none.

i heard its really popular in HK

5. peterisation

peterisation Member

Well I do not do Wing Chun but I've been doing a Martial Arts called VOVINAM for about 10 years, once a week,
    2 hour sessions and I think it is enough. This has got some unique moves which you can see in the movie FlashPoint (Donnie Yen) like flying head scissors.

PS: These flying head scissors should not be attempted at home with no supervision as it is quite dangerous and obviously not that easy. This is because I've only about a year ago been allowed to do them. EACH STRIPE ON EACH BELT TAKES ONE YEAR AT LEAST

6. Chehin888

Chehin888 Member

i do wing chun, been doing it for about 3 yrs now, find it pretty good, but i reli doubt that it would work in a real fight

7. rogertangcu

rogertangcu Member

good kung fu series

8. samvivi

samvivi Member

Wing Chun only good with hands combat. You need to learned the whole system before you can use in the fight, otherwise is good for defense only.

9. wilsono7

wilsono7 New Member

to be honest i dont really train myself cuz it very hard to train by yourself . well my dad teaches me wing chun
    well reply if interested to train

10. AARONBOEYKHG

AARONBOEYKHG Well-Known Member

I started with taekwondo when I was 15......then when I switch to MOnkey style kungfu and was one of their instructor when I was 18 cos back then there were no wing chun class in my are until now.I started learning last month since a sifu came down from Hong Kong.....I'm now just learn the "Siu Lim Tao" and chi sao......may I know how long does one normally be teach the second form Chum Kiu?

11. eman63

eman63 New Member

wing chun is the best!

Been learning it for 2 years now. Great in a street fight. Effective combat system, if not why did Bruce Lee steal 80% of Wing Chun to be the basis of his JKD system?