Why are Asian ppl so addicted to WoW

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by LuckTiger, Aug 5, 2007.

1. RiddlerX

RiddlerX Well-Known Member

Asians loev to play games that you can level and have stories ie. Final Fantasy, Pokemon and WoW.

It is something that is built into asians....dont know why.

2. LuckTiger

LuckTiger Well-Known Member

Yea, me either thats why i started this thread.To find the answer. I think asian ppl get addicted to stuff easliy. It's just like asians with smoking opium back in the days, and cigs, gambling and video games nowadays. If it weren't for these vices asian ppl wouldn't be look down by other races.

3. neomooky

neomooky Active Member

I think the people that play too an excessive amount are just using it as an escape from their real lives, whether they are asian or not.
    Any thing fun should be done in moderation, whether it be gaming or watching drama series.

But WoW and most online MMORPG's are truely an anomaly, people that play it can play it forever, there is no real end to it. In the olden days of computer gaming, you played a "Level" and if you beat it, you go to the next level, until you eventually beat the big boss, roll credits and put your name in the high score table.

Even with old school solo RPGs (not online, like D&D) you would level your characters, do quests, but they always had an end goal, when you reached it you beat the game. But WoW and MMORPGs expand on this, there are always, bigger bosses, more quests, not being limited to what they can fit in the single floppy disk. The game never ends as they keep adding to it with expansions and online content and updates, back in the olden days for a game you would be lucky to get a buyable expansion.

Add to this the online factor, interaction with people (even though online), teamspeak/ventrillo, escapism factor, earning potential (if you are a farmer/producer of sellable goods/merchant/vendor etc..etc..insert shop/trading character type for your relavent MMORPG) you have a truely attractive package for people that don't really deal well with real life.

Oh yeah... Hi, this is my first post, I am an asian person, I have never played WoW, the super graphics make it all too real for me, but I do play iRO I like the cute 2D "not so" realness. I admit I play more hours than is healthy for me, but that's what we do best....work hard at thing's we put our minds to...

4. javahog

javahog New Member

It's a good way to save money!!! And also, there's a lot of friends that we've met up with around australia.. all guildmates etc.

5. ^^ yep its a way to escape real life... and sell gold :p

i got an uber priest and nelf hunter and ill pwn u all, actually i HAD cus i deleted the game and threw the disks in the bin. its to dangerous, it will take over your life and i wasnt gona let that happen to me as i have other commitments. ill stick to internet checkers :p

6. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

its not like its just asian, anyone that plays WoW is addicted no matter what, unless your the type that plays games i guess

7. Ukitake

Ukitake Member

Not all asians who play WoW are useless bums, some play a good amount and still have a social life, no idea where you people live but the asians I know that play, parties and studies for college. Also you can't be considered a bum if ya can afford 15 dollars a month =P.

8. ^^ that $15 a month may come from the parents pocket :p or maybe from signing on. :p i would like to make clear that my post was talking about all people, not just asian.

9. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

I have a WoW account, but I'm not addicted to the game at all. I go on once or twice a week to play, mostly to PvP. I think people that addicted to it are the ones without a good social life.

10. ^^ ye, WoW is best when u just pvp cus you can play for an hour or 2 then go. no 5 hour instances ://

11. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Nah, I've seen an equal share of white people crazy over WOW.

12. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

^agreed

13. tbh when i played wow i only saw a few Asians and they were gold farmers, most are white. end of the day EVERYONE goes crazy over WoW if they are fortunate/unfortunate to play it.

14. D87L

D87L Member

im asian.. i don't play wow.. got bored of it aafter 6 hours of palying it... couldn't stand the long hours just to gain one level..

but i got some friends that are crazy over it.. but they are still able to study and have a social life..

15. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

Most of the people I know that are addicted to WoW are white people lol.

16. silence

silence Well-Known Member

Same, I levelled up a warlock and rogue just for PVPing. I find questing and grinding too boring. I can do a quick battleground or 2 and still have time for going out. But some of my friends are seriously addicted...like the guilds run their schedule. They would rather raid for hours then to go out for dinner, movies, etc with friends. They dont even care about looking lame anymore, its that bad of an addiction.

17. regal_aeros

regal_aeros Well-Known Member

ok i'm definately not.. i don't even noe wad WoW is.. haha

18. up69

up69 Active Member

i know 2 chinese friend who plays it, once they logged on, they can play for like days without sleeping, which also means that they rarely social with others. as for myself, i did play for 3 days, but find it not too good, so i just quit xD

19. kit207

kit207 Member

they like the fantasy.....

20. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Good job with the generalization there. Can we lynch the OP?