Why are Chinese People so Good at Maths?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by minimo, May 30, 2007.

1. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol its True, we dont have a Life so we Study maths all day =P and that we like 錢錢錢

2. asiangrl

asiangrl Member

not really thats just stereotyping anybody can be good at math..

3. aKeio

aKeio New Member

How i've seen it so far with chinese..

theres only two types.

The stereotypical type that just r0xx0rs maths with their eyes closed (myself included)
    The anti-stereotypical type that just phails no matter how hard they try (my friend(s) included)

I have yet to see an "typical/average" chinese @ math.

4. Vongy

Vongy Active Member

Maybe we are naturally good at life sciences, while the english are good at english hence its their language to begin with.

5. Spike23qq

Spike23qq Well-Known Member

Me too LOL
    :no:

6. Spike23qq

Spike23qq Well-Known Member

I don't agree on what you said...namely cuzz =p, even if ppl are smart around you it doesn't mean you have to follow suit. In the case of math and other studies one has to put effort to obtain the grades, its like a building block of life..if you don't work hard on the basics and develop the foundations you would be terrible.
    The gene part though i agreee, but even soo =p practice does make closer to perfect.

7. space_kandie

space_kandie Active Member

nutured at an early age

8. lara_mey

lara_mey Well-Known Member

im chinese and i dont like math at all maybe because culture and tradition chinese people have to be good at math and also it depends on education that people receive when they are very young

9. Dh_135

Dh_135 Well-Known Member

Think it's because Asian parents think that math is the mosttt important out of all the subjects.. and this kinda motivates us to do better. Also, my parents use to force me to do math at a young age.

ATM, I'm getting a decent mark in math.. but I'm definately not good at math.

10. jfkgrad01

jfkgrad01 Member

education history

As I grew up in a predominantly black and hispanic neighborhood (no race factor intended, but just to make my point), it was always mentioned to me that Chinese people are smarter than everyone else. What they didn't know was that they were stereotypical of the fact that they referred to all "yellow" people as Chinese. This includes Koreans, Vietnamese, and Japanese. So you might be asking yourself, how does this have anything to do with Math? Well, for one thing, blacks and hispanics stereotype us CHINESE people of being much smarter than them, but over the course of the years, I've seen big differences.
    BOTTOM LINE: Chinese people had better upbringings.

11. volkly

volkly Well-Known Member

Practice makes perfect, and its quite true that chinese have better math analytical skills, dunno why, i'm thinking it because our parents make us do math till we get it down and could memorized the entire formula.

12. XDTP

XDTP Well-Known Member

I rock in English, but i fail in math =\

13. iLuminous

iLuminous Member

coz we memorzie like every single thing, we do mad practices. that's the answer

14. bearduck314

bearduck314 Well-Known Member

Chinese is better at math is because we are force to do math problems at a younger .

15. karsun118

karsun118 Well-Known Member

I would agree that it has a lot to do with culture. I think Chinese in general are very brainy people and we are more inclined to intellectual thought.

Africans have a very physical culture which is why I think you see a lot of them in sports (not meant to be a racist comment).

16. little_toe

little_toe Member

Mainly the educational background I think.
    Chinese tends to have longer class time than other places, and hence they learn more.

17. ngk3

ngk3 Member

But other ethnicities like hispanic and african american people in america get into colleges a lot easier because of their race. they can have a lot worse math grades but get into the same college we apply to and worked really hard to get into. its really not fair

18. hiromagi

hiromagi Guest

they just emphasize math more, so in china, they are 2 years ahead in math than in, say, the USA.

19. Cocky Badboy

Cocky Badboy Member

Because chinese people are smart, they invented math.

20. lmfao that is a load of crap and you know it.....