Why are Chinese People so Good at Maths?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by minimo, May 30, 2007.

1. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

hum.... for one thing maybe chinese ppl werent ment to learn "english" not really or native language.....(but then again im chinese and im good at english :p also math and science :p.......but i cheat...i have a semi-photographic memory so i hide info in my head :p)

2. Yu-Sing

Yu-Sing New Member

math is easy, i don't no why everybody complains that math is so difficul

3. psych0gambit

psych0gambit Active Member

When I was in high school, I used to love math and was on the math team for a few years.
    But after college...I totally suck at and hate math haha.

4. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

i dun like science, but i still suck at math..lol.

5. cfirekev

cfirekev Member

i'm good at math and science!

6. yhw

yhw Member

That is also a question I like to ask :p I usually only get 50-60 out of the 100 points. And then my teacher ask me why I am so bad at maths, because the other Chinese students are usually very good he says.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol, used to be good at math too lol but i hate math after calculus cause i suck at it.

8. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

im cbc and i hate english lol...its my worse and always had been......but math yea...i used to love it cuz i always aced it...now uni is messed....
    in China they are forced to learn math at a young age, so like our gr 12 calc, they learn in like gr 3....they learn everything b4 us, and their future school life is much easier...us it graudally gets harder

9. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

LOL, I am Chinese, but I ain't that good at Maths.
    But one peculiar thing I have noticed since school was that the girls who came from Chinese-educated primary schools tend to be smarter in Maths!

10. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I guess it has to do with a higher standard of Mathematics Chinese education system has in general... In Canada, they didn't teach about trigonometry until year 10... yet in Hong Kong or China students would have learned it in year 7 or even earlier depending on their school...

11. erichau

erichau Active Member

er, stereotypes and maybe being smacked with random objects as influence...

12. weedpeach

weedpeach Well-Known Member

i'm partially chinese and i'm not good at math!! i have to retake algebra next year too!!
    shows how dumb i am...
    *cries*

13. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

according to what he said im not chinese hehe

14. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

hmm..
    maths? and me? nahhh no way! i cnt do maths and like it to svae my life.. i study it for alevels though :(
    i love sciences though, best thing ever created hahaha

15. mooiced

mooiced Well-Known Member

i study political science~!!! does the sciences counts? hahahaha

16. nicole

nicole Well-Known Member

I didn't really enjoy math that much in school. Especally geometry.

17. Furai

Furai Member

haha that is so not true. I suck at math.

18. jt_skyline

jt_skyline Member

i guess this is just a special thing for chinese people. Hey being good and smart at a certain subject or subjects are good. Arent they?

19. usdream

usdream New Member

haha, do u meant by general chinese or only chinese from china?? I guess it's always easy for chinese due to logic thinking... westerners are more towards creative thinking while chinese are more towards logic thinking, so as long as there's a certain rule or formula, they should be able to solve the problems...

20. i_LE10

i_LE10 Active Member

It's funny .. I think chinese parents know that Math is the main subject of everything.

Saying Goes : "Time is Money"
    Time = Math :)