Why are Chinese People so Good at Maths?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by minimo, May 30, 2007.

1. Blobbyy

Blobbyy Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Lets just put it this way, CHINESE people are not good at maths, People who came from local chinese school are good at maths because their syllabus are tough in high school stage... thats why when they go to international school or another system, they seem to know everything becus they learnt it already in their school... its as simple as that....

2. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

stereotypes!!!! but i must say. i find math much more enjoyable kakak

3. Mixie

Mixie Active Member

I guess us asians are just born intellifent! haha =]

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

this is just a steretype assumption and besides anybody can be good at maths if they just apply themselves. i believe the only reason why chinese people tend to be good at not just maths but in all subjects in general is because they apply themselves more than others.

5. teenietina

teenietina Member

i think its an asian thing....and most chinese ppl get tutors and stuff and get forced to do 10x the questions other races do..
    in a way it makes us seem sad:(

6. iris

iris Well-Known Member

Math is a universal language and anyone can understand it. Any other subjects, such as English for example, are just based on the teacher IMO.

7. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Our ancestors have always been good mathematicians, Maybe passed down from genes

8. Jeffyjai

Jeffyjai New Member

yes i very much agree

9. Torque

Torque Member

Not all Chinese are good at math/science. For example, I suck at science, and I'm only so-so in math.

10. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

I am bad at math, i dont really like it.
    Do you means chinese people that come from mainland china are good with math, or overall.
    I know alot of chinese people that are bad with math.

11. Calvin Tsan

Calvin Tsan Well-Known Member

^ maybe your right, i was born in the UK, i think thats the reason i'm good at maths :D , but my english and science just so.....only got a C in GCSE for science and english

12. AuCoLah

AuCoLah Member

I think it's because of what they're taught to like. Or maybe it's just a coincidence? A lot of my chinese friends aren't really great mathematicians. haha.

13. minidee

minidee Well-Known Member

i think we are better. I think it's cuz it was ingrained into our culture earlier on. We grow up with the resources to be good and our parents force us. But english is not our native language. it doesn't have the same sentence structure as chinese.

14. 761349

761349 Member

Genetics? Or maybe cause we all go to Kumon. haha

15. shiiiinn

shiiiinn Member

because chinese ppo alwais try to bargain with ppo so they constantly do math in their head n itz gud practice which made them become very excel in it

16. Butso

Butso Member

we're not good .. they are just bad .. =)

its all relative !

17. sai

sai Well-Known Member

It's just because most of chinese has his own business and doesnt want to use calculator

18. mumulle93

mumulle93 Member

I'm Chinese but I live in France.
    I'm good at all subjects and my friends (French) are too good at all subjects even math, biologie, sciences...

>> So it depends ! =)

19. TGHMak

TGHMak Member

I don't think we are, europeans seem alot better at most aspect of math

20. hazwang

hazwang Member

complete stereotype, not that i find it insulting in any way :p