Why do chinese make chinese look bad?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by gogo123, Aug 15, 2006.

1. winton

winton Well-Known Member

CHINA SOUTHERN IS RICH AND THE NORTHERN IS POLL
    BUT IN THE FIGHT NORTH ALWAY WIN MORE THAN SOUTH LAND
    ToiShan people is like small group live near moutain, Cantonese which sounds similar to it to a certain extend

2. ngk3

ngk3 Member

LOL thats being a little harsh dont you think?

3. auta

auta Well-Known Member

china make chinese look bad because...*turns on the TV to show the tibetans running wild*

4. GreenTeaCola

GreenTeaCola Active Member

Um...welll I remember one time my aunt was saying
    "why is it that Brown people don't like to be called Indian when they're Sri Lankan? They all look the same to me. What's the difference?" and then I think...."ok well why is it that some Hong Kong people don't like to be grouped with people from Mainland China?" I know it's bad of me to think like that >_<''' But I agree with jell.
    "so next time, before starting a topic, make sure your 'controversial' topic has some sufficient standing before starting it. and you know, by starting this topic, YOU have made 'mandarin' people look bad. good for you." And plus if this person who started this post is really serious...I have a question for that person...

Why the hell are you on a forum that has mostly series in Cantonese? We're all interested in TVB dramas here aren't we? I was starting to think I got somewhere and lost myself...ahhh! I do that to myself so much >_<!

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

my question is why some chinese ppl are so stingy and seem to be cautious towards other chinese ppl? why is there this distrust among some?

6. dawgxmaster

dawgxmaster Well-Known Member

wtf im canto. but then yet again, i do agree chinese ppl make us look bad.

7. ynot138

ynot138 Well-Known Member

I agree. you can not judge the whole race by a very small group of the people you know. It happen with any race in the world..

8. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Some of these people who seem to have bad manners are usually not well educated but they are still mostly nice people, it's just how they were bought up; poor and uneducated. Still they are better than people like the threat starter, looking down on others to make yourself feel high and mighty. People like you make all chinese look bad even more.

CTowns are usually dirty cause there are always a lot more people walking around with a lot of markets/restaurtants where people litter more and more trashes from them, all of them should really do more to clean up these areas. There are other factors but I'll just input one of the major reasons.

9. logic123

logic123 Active Member

You're just took one class in a small poor region, but have you taken any class from other culture in the same living condition? I think the class is to show what people will do in
    desperate living condition regardless of culture. I have heard similar stories from other countries as well, like Cambodia, Thailand, Mexico, and even US.

10. luminos

luminos New Member

I think you're seeing things that don't exist :p

11. roarixer

roarixer Well-Known Member

dude... you are potentially offending a lot of people...

12. roarixer

roarixer Well-Known Member

and this world is money driven, you shouldn't be so quick to judge

13. szemunn

szemunn Well-Known Member

there is a saying by the foreigners. "if one foreigner competes for business with one chinese, the chinese will definitely win because the chinese will work very hard to achieve it's target." "if two foreigners competes for business with two chinese, the business will still be won by the two chinese because they will work doubly hard on their side to achieve success." "but of there are three foreigners compete with three chinese, therefore the foreigners will definitely win as the three chinese will compete with each other and not work together against the foreignere."

that is what i hear from the chinese people. not sure how true it is.

14. rambutan

rambutan Member

"Chinese make Chinese look bad". Hmm... may be a hint of truth there, because only the Chinese knows another Chinese fully well. But that works the other way, too.