why do chinese people see you in the street and they start starring

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by smilely, Mar 24, 2007.

1. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

^yeah thats true.... i live in a really libral city n rarely get looked at....asias are as common as white ppl..... but when i went over to the east coast ppl stared.....felt weird.... expecially in virgina or alabama....... didnt feel like i belong there for sh*t

2. theMooffin

theMooffin Active Member

Maybe its their instinct ><;;

3. silence

silence Well-Known Member

Same here. When I went out to Ohio I didn't see 1 Asian person...it was so weird when I walked into McDonald's and the families closest to the door just stare lol. Come to think of it, I didn't see any Hondas or Toyotas either xD

4. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Hahaha... Ive had this discussion with my friends last week... I thought it was only in Holland... But now im here in Sydney... Its the same... Erm... Its not just guys... But girls look at u too... maybe they wanna check out if im wearing brand clothes or whatever... hehehe I just look the other way and if they keep staring I just stare back at them till they look the other way :p

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

all u toronto chinese ppl....... STOP STARRIN AT ME!! lol

6. ^they stare at u cause ur zexy prolly HAHAHAHA

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ ya i figured that already lol

8. sleepyxnap

sleepyxnap New Member

yeah maybe

9. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Pfff... U so cocky..-noclue

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol i know u admire me tooo

11. i would stare too... your a pretty. :)

12. Tronan

Tronan New Member

Starring

Star goes with Starring, Stare goes with Staring

13. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

maybe you tend to notice Chinese people more than others because you're Chinese.. but i think other people probably look at you too; you just don't notice. and yeah, i agree with what a lot of people said: if you wear that out on the street, there's bound to be stares all around. and not ALL Chinese stare.. you just happen to noticed people.. especially Chinese people in London who stare at you.. and FYI: i absolutely HATE stereotypes.

14. Chococat

Chococat Member

haha, I have the opposite problem ^^'' I'm chinese and I live in France since my birth. At some places like Normandy, people keep starring at chinese people as if we come from another planet T___T

15. semkei

semkei Well-Known Member

yeah kinda have that experience dont know why they staring even ur give back a smile or greet them i think its just a habit of the chinese ppl.

16. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

yes i have noticed it too, it makes me doubt myself like do i know them -huh ive noticed it too if you're walking or waiting for a bus and chinese people drive by in their cars, i mean one time i was waiting for a bus and this chinese family stopped at the traffic lights all turnt and stared at me its like wtf ;)

17. that happens to me all the time.. either they stare at me because i look white, or i tell them im viet, but they dont believe me, or they wanna see what im eating. EVERYTIME... at pmall...

18. epy

epy Active Member

your hot. i'd stare.

19. racebannon

racebannon Well-Known Member

happened to me when i was on the bus and this chinese dude gave me this hello nod, i didnt know who he was but he did look sorta familiar (maybe because a lot of asian people look alike). so i just nod back, well its common courtesy.

20. benjwang

benjwang Well-Known Member

funny, it happens to me all the time.