Why do other ethnic group view chinese drivers as the worst drivers?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Deevusone, Jul 31, 2007.

1. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Well for some people, they make fun of Chinese people being bad drivers cause they see China as people who ride bicycles rather then drive, thus they call us bad drivers after seeing a couple of crashes from Chinese drivers...

Its frustrating seeing them make fun of my race,.. especially when they drive around killing themselves at high speeds

2. sheep_skip

sheep_skip Active Member

I think it is nothing to do with race.. and esp not women. I see nothing of that happening in my social circle or life even. women and yes, chinese r careful drivers..
    so i think it is just a stereotype

3. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Well-Known Member

there aren't too many asian girls I know who can drive stick...

4. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

its not chinese drivers in general, its more like the people that come from china that are bad drivers

5. oceanocean

oceanocean Well-Known Member

as a chinese woman..... i have to say my driving is kickass and my parking is shit..... does that count?

6. because the media enforces it....

7. uraha

uraha Well-Known Member

Taiwanese people aren't Chinese people.

Mainland chinese drives like their lives is on the line.

8. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Technically the citizens of Taiwan are Chinese. Taiwan is known as the Republic of China and Mainland China is known as People's Republic of China. Its just that Taiwan doesn't like being put under the same category.

9. minidee

minidee Well-Known Member

i don't know why. but here's my theory. since chinese are only people in industrious countries to not have history of biuldiing cars, don't have that ability or knowledge to drive, especially the women. I think we could potentially be good depends on which environment and the family influences.

10. ofey

ofey Active Member

I'm Male Chinese by race (Not from China) *hates how most China Chinese like to include anyone with Chinese Heritage as CHINA CHINESE*

And I have to agree Chinese females are terrible drivers. Regardless of where they're from or where they've been trained. They like pointing the finger at everyone but realise little of how poor they are themselves.

I think it's something to do with peripheral vision. They don't see the road the same way when they're in the drivers seat and when they're alternatively in the passengers. They can't relate the 2.

11. lilchan92

lilchan92 Well-Known Member

LMAO so true but i wouldnt say we are the worse drives im gunna have to say arabics dont know how to drive either and its probaly because in hong kong ur driving on the opposite side of the road so they are get a little lost i can say that we are pretty bad but arabics cant drive either and if u want the news in america ull know that no actress or actor can drive at all and most of them are white or black so u cant blame us for the worse drivers

12. KZxBlades

KZxBlades Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone has seen this video, but its called Chink in the Armour, someone did a documentry on rumors about Chinese people and driving was one of it. He did many tests to see if they were true and there was even a driving test within the video, its pretty funny.
    [youtube]XuTABOYaV4U [/youtube]
    Guess youtube only allow certain amount of minutes on each video so to watch the whole thing which is about 40 minutes long I think you have to go to http://www.baunmah.com/cita/movie.html.

13. snoopy8888

snoopy8888 Well-Known Member

the young drivers

14. snoopy8888

snoopy8888 Well-Known Member

mostly the young drivers

15. eason41

eason41 Well-Known Member

Maybe there are too many Chinese drivers on the road. So, the chance of the person in front of you driving very slow and being Chinese is very high.

16. AisuNinpo

AisuNinpo Member

lol because they think most of us have small squinty eyes =[

17. imbenson

imbenson Member

i blame those middle age chinese moms who wear those giant sun blocks that looks like welding masks. i swear they cant see outta those things. and i kno becux my mom used to be one of them until i threw it away. i think she started driving alot better now without them....

18. sai

sai Well-Known Member

Not only chinese female are worst driver; i think most of the girls are worst driver, cause the reason can be the nerves.

19. XDTP

XDTP Well-Known Member

I saw a man in china driving on the wrong side of the freeway....

20. chanyeehon

chanyeehon Member

human needs to blame
    so chinese is selected as a scapegoat for other races