Why do other ethnic group view chinese drivers as the worst drivers?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Deevusone, Jul 31, 2007.

1. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye thats what i thought, also it seems this only seems to be perhaps in the USA, don't rele get that perception in the UK. it's more that black people tend to be bad drivers, young ones who just drive ridiculously fast on small roads.

2. 3liminator

3liminator Well-Known Member

lol most of the chinese ppl I know are bad at driving. I was riding in my friends car and he crashed it twice, I am nvr getting in a car with him ever again

3. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

I didn't know this? I don't percieve the chinese as the worst drivers, infact I always found that the french were worse! (no offence to any french here!)
    although, this could be because i've never been to china :p

4. bolay

bolay Member

Cus we have the most money to drive fast cars...which in turn cause more accidents

5. jonathanng1

jonathanng1 Member

I don't know why other ethnic groups view chinese drivers as the worst drivers, but here in the UK chinese people are very sensible drivers except for mum and aunty who go over the speed limit but apart from that chinese drivers are generally sensible.

6. jonlikewh0a

jonlikewh0a Member

honestly, everyone's a bad driver

7. jonlikewh0a

jonlikewh0a Member

we're all bad drivers, honestly

8. You dont get much speed drivers down my end as there are lots of undercover police in BMW M5's.

When it comes to joyriding in the UK i think its more than just black people who drive fast dont ya think, but im assuming your talking bout the whole of the UK of which non whites are prolly 8% or something..?

9. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

thing is most of the "bad" chinese drivers came from china or something
    so they think a little differently than how we drive cause of wehre they came from
    so becaues their different than the flow of traffic or w/e makes it seem like their the worst drivers in the world

10. joekdo

joekdo Active Member

If you goto any crowded parking lot, you will surely understand. Chinese drivers, as well as - no racism intended here - Indian ones stop their cars in the MIDDLE of the parking lanes waiting for spots so cars cannot pass on either side. Not to mention that they wait for spots that don't yet exist... Sometimes it makes me ashamed to be a Chink :S

11. Reardrop

Reardrop Active Member

i ono bout you but i think asian female drivers are crazy. Some of my friends need to be kept off the roads.

12. dvd

dvd Well-Known Member

if you have been to 大陸 it is crazy.They dont even indicate and drive like mad people.

13. kkkam8

kkkam8 Member

I agree

14. Hunter_zaz

Hunter_zaz Member

All chinese dads drive carefully, all chinese mums drive dangerously

15. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

they think we're worst drivers because we can drive fast :p
    they're not skilled enough to drive fast :p

16. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

i think alot of immigrant drivers are used to the style of driving in their own country. then when they migrate and drive their driving style is just not acceptable in that country.

i think some asian drivers don't have any spacial awarness. they don't check their blind spots or mirrors sometimes and don't indicate etc.

17. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

The answer is it depends, you see bad drivers everywhere and the best thing to do is to be aware of other drivers movement, you can sense it by their looking at the car, accelerations and sudden change of speed they do it tells you if they want to get onto your lane or something else, i've been saved many times from being hit by looking at other cars reactions because i do encounter quite often soccer moms on the cellphone driving at 55mph on the fast lane and then make sudden changes without signaling. Check on the rear view mirror every 30 secs for cops and other cars. I've been doing these and never had an accidend for 10 years i've been driving plus never got a speeding ticket, i used to drive 85mph all the time back when gas was $1.25 a gallon :laugh2:

18. softrice

softrice New Member

i think it's down to the younger generation, thinking they're bad boy racers when in reality they barely know how to drive safely. especially in london

19. Wasabi86

Wasabi86 Well-Known Member

well here is my report...
    in sydney... awards for the worse drivers goes to asians women, indians, and old people.. sorry if i offend people but it juz a stereotype here... and i kinda agree that some chinese drivers... especially the ones that just came from mainland china... drives recklessly and selfishly... coz right now im doing exchange in Hangzhou.. and the traffic is chaotic!!

firstly lanes on the road dun really mean anything... if therez enough space for a car to fit or go thru.. u'll see it race past..
    quite a large amount of drivers fly thru red lights.. and occassionally stop if therez a cop there.. and even then sometimes they still run it...
    and most amusing is parking... ive seen cars parked almost 1 metre away from the kerb... and a few times when a space isnt big enough for the whole car... the driver will shove the head of the vehicle in the space.. leaving the rear half of the car sticking out and blocking the road...
    CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!

20. XtasyX

XtasyX Member

I think, no sexual discrimination intended, woman drivers are fairly bad drivers overall. I had a few friends that had some pretty stupid accidents. They're also not aggressive enough in aggressive situations, like while driving in high traffic situations and doing slow lane changes...
    ________
    New mexico medical marijuana

#80 XtasyX, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011