Why do we have to learn Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Syreeta, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ryoko83

ryoko83 Active Member

Because China is rising!! Prepare to bear yourself with Mandarin cause you need it in 10-20 years to come where the world will be dominated by Might China and Great India!! (learn some indian language too, might come in handy...)

2. minnie0123

minnie0123 New Member

With so many people in china, it seems logical to learn the language just incase your future job requires you to deal with chinese company.

3. michaelc

michaelc Active Member

Very simple Mandarin is going to be the new world language if not 2nd world language next to english.

4. leefooleong

leefooleong Well-Known Member

Well, if you are a chinese then you should know how to speak at the least. And you should be proud that you are Chinese because we are the largest human race on earth. If you are not chinese, the only reason should be for business or possibly for a trip to China.

5. DarkGhosts

DarkGhosts Member

Well if ur chinese, obviously you need to learn at least some chinese. I mean, wouldn't it be shameful if an american ask you if you know how to speak chinese or write and you say no. I mean if you can't even communicate if ur race... it's pretty sad no?

6. milkyaway

milkyaway Member

i argee

7. firekiller15

firekiller15 New Member

i think chinese is our mother tounge and as a chinese we should know how to read and write.Furthermore, china is the good place to build a factory or business.So without knowing chinese i think is hard to communicate with them.

8. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

my dad told me if there was two ppl with the same qualifications: you and a white boy and you got interviewed by someone for a job and if u dunt noe chinese then they'd probly choose the white boy. I reckon theres sum truth to that

9. lwmtang

lwmtang Well-Known Member

yea..more job opportunities would definitely be one..with China's economy rapidly rising..it would give you an advantage over others..besides there are chinese descendents everywhere, knowing a major language would ultimately allow you to communicate better.

10. gni

gni Active Member

because u need to communicate with ur friends, listening to music and movies. Its part of u.

11. linyong

linyong Member

I think this is an easy question to answer. We have to learn Chinese because there's no other choice. Our skin, eyes, look, and everything else imply we are Chinese and not other races. It will be struck until we leave this face of earth.

12. djoni_xu

djoni_xu Member

It's Int'l lang

13. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Porbably for work opportunities & do abroad businesses.

I am a Chinese myself, so I guess I have to know abt it...

14. Rico_one

Rico_one Member

if you dont want to learn canton..is easy move to another country or just say i dont want to learn chinaese

15. ImportTuner

ImportTuner Active Member

i think i saw a segment on cnn where british students are starting to learn chinese because hong kong is starting to become the next big thing. something to that effect.

16. valkyrie_my

valkyrie_my Member

Mandarin is an up & coming language therefore learnin it would give u an advantage in future..

17. simonhy

simonhy Member

because u need to communicate with ur friends

18. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

omg, my parents keep forcing me to go to chinese skewl, but i learn, then forget

19. Tiffanie08

Tiffanie08 Member

it gives you more opportunities...and, wouldn't it be a little embarrassing if you're chinese and you can't speak it. ;)

20. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

well, im not talking about speaking it, because i can speak it great. I just cant read or write it.