Why do we have to learn Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Syreeta, Mar 15, 2006.

1. inferno86

inferno86 Member

Learning chinese is another thing to "Add" to your resume. If you know another language, you can find more business in the long-run.

2. shar3

shar3 Member

it realli helps

3. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

if your chinese, you need to know it b/c you could talk to your family members whoever that speaks in it.
    and you could also speak to your chinese friends or if your going to China, HK, Taiwan, you WILL need it.

4. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Good answer. I would say the same too. Agree -flow

5. jkayu

jkayu Member

why wouldn't you learn chinese? o_O aren't you chinese yourself? it's in your blood.

6. yamapi^^

yamapi^^ Member

Because its the first language speakin in the world -cool2 n its always great for job to know a few languages more when they arent usual i mean in the country u leave -inlove

7. titi

titi Well-Known Member

i went to chinese school for 7 years and i can barely read a thing! i'd be like mut mut mut...em.....mut mut...em....mut mut mut mut mut....heeeeeeee so sad

8. W-inD

W-inD Well-Known Member

we have to learn chinese cuz if we do it will help us later on in our lives when we look for a job cuz it looks better on our resumes!

9. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

I cant read or write that well, but i can speak it fluently, is that good enough for a good resume?

10. camme86

camme86 Member

China is the future.

11. kimmimuichi

kimmimuichi Member

Cuz you're chinese!

12. flaresz

flaresz Well-Known Member

we learn chinese because its gonna be the worlds global power and if we are not successful in the country u are in, we can make a living over there

13. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

look at it this way with China's economy being so good having mandarin on your resume could give you that extra qualification to get the job

14. badbadtz560

badbadtz560 Member

china = highest GDP in teh world... GDP is means they're developing the entire country by a shit-ton.. which means they need ppl over there to help them develop... so that translates to the most job opportunities needed. china's very open to foreigners now too, especially ones that bring in american education.

Beyond working in china, american companies all want to do business in china now.. so if you're going into business.. like sales.. u damn well better know chinese.

15. azndude18

azndude18 Active Member

I greatly regret not even attending Chinese school when I was little mainly because my parents never thought about it.... -shock So I have learned most my Cantonese from everyday conversions with my family but I still lack reading/writing skills. I am planning to start learning how to read/write Chinese but as of now I need to focus on getting good marks to get into university and hopefully apply for scholarships.

16. aznboi333

aznboi333 Member

man its great to learn chinese! If you enjoy chinese movies or music, it is nice to understand them.

I personally want to learn more chinese if I can. Being a chinese person myself, I would feel ashamed if I did not at least learn how to speak and carry on a casual conversation.

17. macd keith

macd keith Member

Learn to write Chinese is one and only one important thing

because Chinese writing make you aware if there is lost or down

then there is also a chance is waiting.

The two words phase We-Gi is one example.

18. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

Lots of advantages, being able to enjoy cultural stuff (movies, tv shows, books) and more work opportunities. It'll help with travelling too!

19. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

I figure most chinese people learn chinese since their small, well if your parents prefer to speak the language...

20. popoho

popoho Member

i learn chinese at home