Why do we have to learn Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Syreeta, Mar 15, 2006.

1. iwanliu

iwanliu Member

for working neh, n u ?

2. dannyc9856

dannyc9856 New Member

If you have chinese in your blood.then you should learn chinese.and going to make u look unique if your not chinese.we're gonna be like "wow that guy speaks chinese and he's not even chinese!!!!"

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

Ya'll gonna learn Chinese
    When the pumps come out, ya'll gon' speak Chinese

4. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

lol! if you're chinese, you should at least know some of it.. it's in the blood! don't wanna lose the culture you know.. and Chinese is one of the most spoken languages in the world, so dont miss out on it haha!

5. Ukitake

Ukitake Member

Always better to know a language then not to learn it. Better to get jobs and opens toward new world of opportunity as well as communicating with each other.

6. sephiroth123

sephiroth123 Member

chinese is one of the common language... it is better to know one more language and also chinese is so hard to learn when u grow up...

7. brybie

brybie Well-Known Member

there are many valid and logical reasons to list.. but i think first and foremost.. is because you, youself are chinese.. no better reason..

8. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

It is best to understand(read and write) chinese because i have been told that china is becoming a very large and powerful country and that in a few years time, there will be alot of businesses wanting to employ employees who understand chinese so that they can do deals with the country etc.

9. AzNBaI B

AzNBaI B Member

Yah I agree with u guys..If u learn chinese it opens da door4 mor opportunities...

10. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

Because we are taking over the world

11. partlan

partlan Member

lol i like that reason

12. incoquito

incoquito Member

we've already taken over the world (well, Asians in general anyway). Others just don't know it or don't want to admit it yet.

13. madkute

madkute Well-Known Member

it's good to learn chinese for karaoke and you can read the newspapers tabloids and that's pretty good....seriously, it connects you with your cultural heritage.

14. bul.newb

bul.newb Active Member

why not? hahaha you'll surely get an A with this answer

15. jbaprototype

jbaprototype Well-Known Member

learn chinese.....hang out with fobs...rofl.....can read chinese which is helpful when u go to hk and chinese resturants....ooo and u are also able to understnad chinese ep, and wat ppl are saying

16. heipo37

heipo37 Member

You may choose to ask yourself y not learn Chinese. True, it may take a little time, but a lot of Chinese dramas are very originial and excellent. You can watch Chinese movies with or without sub. Also there are a lot of jobs that require the person to speak Chinese.

17. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

I can speak it but I can't read it. Anyways, wouldn't you feel kind of bad when you go to a restaurant in HK and you couldn't read the menu?

18. ceewok

ceewok Member

for me its becoause my pareant can communicate wit me if i didnt noe chinese : P

19. cheezie

cheezie New Member

i'm a malaysia-born-chinese. Malaysia is a well known multi-racial country which consists of chinese, malay, indian, etc... . We have chinese schools here but unfortunately i was being sent to a malay/english school since primary till secondary. But anyhow, at home we speak mandarin and my parents taught me how to write and read chinese. For those who are chinese, if you do not know how to write in chinese, at least u must know how to write your own name.

20. johnnyplumm

johnnyplumm New Member

So, you can speak chinese, but not read it.. Don't that suck when you get your christmas cards and can't read who they from ?