Why do we have to learn Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Syreeta, Mar 15, 2006.

1. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

YES Definitely agree! FOBS really help! Haha!
    That's what I'm doing.... screw Chinese school and traditional learning.
    The easiest way to learn is to actually be submersed around Chinese people!

2. starz_hopex

starz_hopex Member

haha that's the question i asked my dad when i wanted to quite Chinese class, but i'm so glad i didn't stop chinese class, cause i can watch and read subtitle for chinese movies/ drama ^^ hahahahahaha and it good for job opportunity =D

3. ahhmui

ahhmui Member

You may never know when you may need it... I learned the hard way. My parents tried to get me to learn chinese when I was younger (born in USA) and I didn't want to go. now that I am older and like chinese singers, actors, movies - find it frustrating that I cannot understand everything because sometimes, things are lost in translation...

4. tomlau77

tomlau77 Member

because the quickest way to lose your culture is to lose your culture's language. i'm trying to regain it by learning better chinese, even though i'm already 29. :(

5. wongeh28

wongeh28 Member

Learn chinese because there are more chinese people than any other people.... they have the largest economy in the world and will own the next generation

6. razorw

razorw Well-Known Member

1.2+ billion people more to talk to. ;O)

7. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Because it's a beautiful language? No, I am serious. Mandarin is one of the most beautiful language, not to mention those complicated calligraphy :p
    Plus, it's always interesting to learn a new language.

8. k100

k100 Active Member

learn chinese cause its great to return to ur own country of origin from parent or if ur born there u can read and write if u speak english there ur pretty much screwed donno were to go, eat ect...:p
    if u live abroad and u talk a diff language every day then u pretty much lost ur culture as a chinese person when u cant speak or read

9. windows08

windows08 Member

i think that chinese is good to learn to understand your culture

10. kokken86

kokken86 Member

China is said to be the next economic giant in the future. I don't see any loss for you to learn Chinese, so why not? In fact, you won't know whether you need to use Chinese or not in future.

11. yunski

yunski Well-Known Member

So you can get your way around when you travel to China.

12. Athena

Athena Well-Known Member

Chinese is consider the 2nd international language in the world, so i think Chinese is important

13. sasukekami

sasukekami Member

coz 1/6th of the world can speak it! it's the most spoken language after english... china will rule the world in half a century, and non-chinese speakers will be executed! we all know how barbaric communists are........ (intended sarcasm, for any ppl who are oversensitive...)

14. hardo azian

hardo azian Well-Known Member

'cause it's becoming a world language in a couple of years.

15. Feral

Feral Well-Known Member

Mandarin is becoming a very important language in this century. I am in the process of studying it soon. Still need to work on the scripts my greatest weakness of the chinese language.

16. kitster

kitster Member

it's a fact that 1/5 of all people in the world speaks chinese.
    so it's important to learn chinese

17. shadow85

shadow85 Well-Known Member

we learn chinese so we will remember who we are even tho we become assimilated into the white world.

18. dailo8055

dailo8055 Member

its nice to learn a secondary language, especially since cantonese has the best slangs

19. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

i've got to learn chinese this summer. most of my friends are chinese. and besides. i want to be able to read the menu in the restaurants too. i love chinese food

20. Kher89

Kher89 Well-Known Member

I don know how to write and read.Only know how to speak.Im half banana.