Why is my thread closed?

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by abubin, Sep 4, 2008.

1. reno

reno Well-Known Member

yeah i do know how long it takes to encode
    download doesn't take too long

but what i don't get it
    wat is the point of getting an existing rmvb format and converting that to avi?
    it's not going to get any "better"
    regardless how much effort u spend to tweak it, it's only as good as the original that it's come from

either way, yes its nice of u to do that
    but whats wrong with the fact that it cant' go with the existing thread and links? ppl can choose what they want, theyll recognise wat u did if they use it

it seems that u just want to get credit more than anything else...

2. abubin

abubin Active Member

cause with AVI, you can play it in divx/xvid/mpeg4 player and watch the show on you bigger screen TV.

RMVB standalone players are rare and not as established as avi players. AVI players can be had for a fraction of the cost of RMVB players and most people already have players capable of playing AVI.

Occasionally I see people ask about converting RMVB to dvd or vcd in order for them to watch in their dvd players. Chances are the dvd player able to play AVI than RMVB is much much higher. Plus, I am converting it for my own viewing on my AVI player. I just wanted to give back a little of what I took and share it.

Apparently I did something wrong that doesn't deserve any explanation.

3. reno

reno Well-Known Member

dont' get worked up sooo much abt it
    the mod who del it will reply once they get thru their pms... keep in mind how many pms there are, and u should also know that this isn't their full time job either. b patient

it's not like u can't post in the original thread. plus read the LATEST posts rather than the earlier ones neway

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yeah that's right biatch!

5. 小Yu咒

小Yu咒 ♪♪♫很可愛~♥

well, i think the mod did the right thing to close your thread..
    whats wrong with you? why cant you post your links in the same thread? if im gonna post my links like you did in a separate thread...and i do have a lot!!!!!!
    then others ppl will follow too..well? whats gonna happen? its gonna escalate in multiple, triple, noo, dozens thread of the same serie! i dont think thats right man! its even worse..just post your links in the same thread is the most wise thing to do..

just state that yours are in AVI format and that you converted them yourself..
    and maybe in big red text or something, so ppl see it..and if they like yours, you will get your recognition > thanks. if not too bad. either continue either not..up to you.

also: and its not a serie of ages ago, its a current one, so i dont see any reasons for you too start a new thread..

ps. you can maybe look at the Beijing Olympic Games thread..there are so many different formats (AVI, MKV, VOB, RMVB, etc.)..and so many different games going on..its really not wise too start different threads, when they are actually related too each other..

-edit-
    frankly if your scared that ppl didnt catch your links, just repost your links again (or a hookup link back), in the last page. but do it wisely and not too often, cos double posting is considered spam!

#25 小Yu咒, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008