Will Cantanese Cease?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by 1mAzn, Jan 24, 2007.

1. lol yo.. quit bring that up.. that ain't coo mang.. -lol. Just cause you ready to learn another language...

yea cantons more of the slang loose talking.. mandarin just sounds too proper sometimes...

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

ecko go learn some madarin cause them girls seem to dig u

3. PulseEikona

PulseEikona Member

i fluently speak Cantonese daily, and im learning mandarin. I think its best if we know how to speak both fluently.

4. yea I'm with you on that.. but it's a pain trying to learn the other when you speak one fluently..

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

and while we're at it..should learn some hindi=p

6. SiuLing_Yee

SiuLing_Yee Active Member

ohh well....u guys are great ...can read and speak canto
    it seem so long I haven't spoke any cantonese @ all ....but I do know how to speak manderin a lil bit :) oh i guess that I just only know how to say some simple words in conversation .:)

I wish some one day I'll visiting HK and the ppl still speak cantonese to me .

7. ladyinred

ladyinred Member

i believe that canto is going to disappear sooner or later..or at least it will def. cease..bhw, i´m canto, and that just cuz there r too many mados..the whole china is u know, mado, and it´s just hk which is still canto..and but i like canto more..it sounds better and it´s more of a "big City" language...

8. WT... o_O; yo HK ain't the only city speakin canton..but uhh.. yea.. it's here to say mang...

Hell as long as there is TVB.. derr will be CANTONESE!! holla -cool2

9. kitster

kitster Member

i hope cantonese will not cease..........

10. Canton and Mandarin won't... but hopefully those toi san n what not will.... o_O;

11. siuonkei

siuonkei New Member

i like cantonese better than mandarin,its my motherlanguage

12. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

dumbest question ive ever heard...

topic starter didnt even spell cantonese right...

13. i seriously think learning mandarin will be beneficial to you, i wish to learn it after i learn more about cantonese but what i have noticed is a lot of chinese people speak tawaisanese (NOT taiwanese, probably didnt spell it right),

suck it up and learn the language, it will be good for you in the long run

14. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

yeah.... when americans start sneaking into mexico and start taking the mexicans jobs.....

though it aint china, in san francisco's chinatown 15 years ago madarin was the dominate language .... now it is cantonese... wassup.. hahaha (i know this because some old lady who grew up in chinatown told me this when she was telling me about how much has changed n blah blah blah)

15. *ahem* Just gotta say..Cantanese WILL cease coz theres no such thing ^^

But CANTONESE WONT!! ;)

16. koshina

koshina Member

Although I don't like mandarin, I have to admit cantonese will probably cease sooner or later. after all, mandarin IS the official spoken language in china.

17. azndavid

azndavid Member

yeah i dont think it ever will

18. shinybow

shinybow Well-Known Member

Cantonese still the "major" language of any Chinatow

19. 101

101 Well-Known Member

never
    ________
    Swed

#59 101, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  20. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i kinda think that mandarin is somewhat popular than cantonese. it's like whenever i saw some asians in the street...they'll be speaking mandarin. personally i don't know mandarin at all and i can speak cantonese fluently. i do think mandarin is so hard to learn...like you gotta roll you tongue to say stuffs.